IP Camera motion detenction

realmode

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently got 2 IP camera and a NVR with 8 POE connection.
Camera model: DS-2CD2646G1-IZ(S) - Hikvision DS-2CD2646G1-IZS, Camera IP AcuSense 4MP,..
NVR: DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/4S - Hikvision AcuSense 8 canale Deep Learning.

Camera description:
Behavior Analysis: Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, region entrance detection, region exit detection
ROI (Region of Interest): Support 1 fixed region for main stream and sub stream separately

In configuration settings -> basic event I cannot enable "Motion Detection", i get "The camera does not support this function"
I only can set the Smart events like scene change detection, intrusion detection and line crossing detection.

It is possible that this particular camera model does not have motion detection?

Thanks,
Robert.

realmode

n3wb
Reaction score
It sounds like it.
But you can confirm by asking the camera itself using your web browser :
http://<camera_IP_address>/ISAPI/System/Capabilities
Another problem, camera is connected to NVR with POE, the IP address is not accesible from my LAN.
Region entrance detection is gray also (cannot be activated) and the camera description says it has this feature.
:(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Another problem, camera is connected to NVR with POE, the IP address is not accesible from my LAN.
It might be interesting to see if that query works over the NVR 'Virtual Host' access to the camera web GUI.
I've not tried that specific access method - and I don't have any NVR PoE-connected cameras at the moment.
You'd need to include the NATed port number from the Connect column in the NVR web GUI Camera Management page.

realmode

n3wb
Reaction score
It might be interesting to see if that query works over the NVR 'Virtual Host' access to the camera web GUI.
I've not tried that specific access method - and I don't have any NVR PoE-connected cameras at the moment.
You'd need to include the NATed port number from the Connect column in the NVR web GUI Camera Management page.
Fully worked. I managed to acces my POE cameras from web and guess what?! I have to activate de motion detection on each camera. Don't know why aren't by default activated....
The fact is I succeeded.
Thanks 4 infos.