IP Camera Suggestions Please!

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys I'm looking for a good and reliable IP Camera to monitor activity at my house entrance. What I'm looking for is at least a 2-3mp outdoor wired camera with on board storage so I wouldn't have to have a pc nvr or a dedicated nvr. Next I would want to system to send me email alerts of motion activity. I have scoured the internet reading reviews and quite honestly it's hard to trust reviews these days, so I would hope some will chime in on what has worked for them.

Thanks for any advice and much appreciated!

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision ds-2cd2132f is what I'm using and couldn't be happier. £58 delivered from China.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If less than average infrared range is okay, there is also the DS-2CD2532F-I

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/products_show.asp?id=9127

It has a microSD card slot and you can find it with a microphone, WiFi, or both if desired. (please research your state's audio recording laws before recording audio!)

Be careful to not get the model numbers mixed up. There is for example a DS-2CD2132-I without a card slot and DS-2CD2132F-I with a slot. I think an F before the last hyphen is Hikvision's indication that the camera has a card slot.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm going with the Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I and it seems from this board that this brand is the best for the money spent.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm going with the Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I and it seems from this board that this brand is the best for the money spent.
If you plan on wall mounting this camera without a specialized mount confirm with the seller that the camera is 3 axis..the old standard 2132 were only two axis..i believe the 2132iws is 3 axis...not sure about this one...if you plan in ceiling/flat horizontal mounting it wont matter.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can confirm that the F is 3 axis. I also have some of the old 2132 and they are not.