IP camera system freezes

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im a tech looking for advice on a problem i have experienced. My company installed a Meyeview 8 channel nvr which has built in poe ports. The nvr has 6 dome ip cameras all connected with cat6 wire. Then the nvr has a cat 6 cable connected to a comcast modem with port fordwarding. Remote access and smartphone access works. Then to view the cameras locally we installed a hdmi cable to a vanco 1 to 2 splitter from that splitter a hdmi cable goes to the customers office monitor. Then the other hdmi cable from the splitter connects to a vanco hdmi extender transmitter that has a cat6 wire run to a hdmi extender receiver to the customers living room tv. The hdmi extender has a built in ir. Everything works fine at the customers house although they are experiencing random nvr freezes. It may take two hours or two days then the nvr will freeze on the screen. No mouse will work the system has to be rebooted

Any ideas what could be causing the nvr system to freeze???

I have tested all cat 6 wires they are fine. Taken the nvr and cameras to our office for a bench test and its been running for over a week with no freezes. Could the hdmi splitter and or hdmi extender be the culprit or a setting in the nvr? Please help. Thank you

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Possible issues:
1. Harddrive issue, try another drive or run it out the HD connected for a day or two.
2.overheating: if the unit doesn't have a fan or stuck in a small space might lock it up, especially since you are in FL
3. Being attacked by online botnet: check the logs for any illegal logins from IP you don't recognize.
4. Might just be a bad machine if nothing else checks out... Ask for rma or Update to latest firmware if you can get it from the vendor.