Ip Cams from FICO AGES (fico-a.com). Are they decent?

Reaction score
Hello,

Have anyone heard of - or better yet - had the chance to play with IP CAMs from a chinese company called FICO AGES (Megapixel IP Camera | Fico Ages Tech)?
Here in Brazil I am having a hard time buying decent IP CAMs for reasonable prices and most of the products sold around here are from unknown brands (and 99.9% of the market is HDCVI/AHD, not IP).

Some of these FICO cams use STARVIS sensor, same as Starlight sensor on Dahua's. The price is super as well. I am considering it because it is now being offered by my best supplier of IT equipment.

What do you guys think? What kind of problems should I expect to face by going with a brand like this one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Have anyone heard of - or better yet - had the chance to play with IP CAMs from a chinese company called FICO AGES (Megapixel IP Camera | Fico Ages Tech)?
Here in Brazil I am having a hard time buying decent IP CAMs for reasonable prices and most of the products sold around here are from unknown brands (and 99.9% of the market is HDCVI/AHD, not IP).

Some of these FICO cams use STARVIS sensor, same as Starlight sensor on Dahua's. The price is super as well. I am considering it because it is now being offered by my best supplier of IT equipment.

What do you guys think? What kind of problems should I expect to face by going with a brand like this one?
There is way more to the camera than the sensor...do you know if the firmware is stable? how reliable are the components used? is it worth the risk? How much are you saving..how much is your time worth...you will learn the hard way...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what you are saying. We would be saving USD ~100/camera. We need 15 cameras.

This is for a shop by the way.
not sure how you can be saving 100 per camera when the dahua starlights are 100-170 per camera...the fix lens can be had for about 100 if you wait for standard shipping.

Reaction score
A Dahua Starlight may cost USD 100 in the US or on Ali, but by the time it passes customs in Brazil it will be costing ~USD 180+. I can have the FICO ones for USD 40-80 depending on model (or USD 160 for the PTZ one).
If I could get the Dahua for USD ~100 I would be all over them.