IP POE Dome Camera Issue

Flip27

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one IP POE dome camera that for some reason won’t switch from night to day properly. It stays a pinkish color. (Please see attached screenshot) I have to reboot the NVR for it to normalize. Can you please tell me what might be causing this issue? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a stuck IR cut filter. Its a mechanical filter. Give it a rap or two and see if you can get it to move.
Otherwise Not sure how to go about taking it apart or if its worth it... someone else here may know..

Flip27

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like a stuck IR cut filter. Its a mechanical filter. Give it a rap or two and see if you can get it to move.
Otherwise Not sure how to go about taking it apart or if its worth it... someone else here may know..
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "giving it a rap or two and see if I can get it to move" ?

Sorry, Im a newbie.

Flip27

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I can do that, im good at smacking things!

I'll power cycle it too. I will post my finding later today.

Thanks again for your help!

Flip27

n3wb
Reaction score
Update:

I removed the dome from its fixed location and took it inside to test it up close. I noticed it was still showing signs of a stuck IRC because it wasn't mechanically making a clicking sound when I would cover it and undercover it to simulate night/day. I then kindly tapped on the lens housing while at the same time rotating it back and forth like a doorknob. I did this for about a 30 seconds or so. I then did a hard reset for good measure. I connected it to my test jumper and voala, it worked. I can now hear the mechanical click sound as it goes from day to night and vise versa. I reinstalled it in its original location and was able to simulate a night to day since it was still daylight out without a problem. Bad news is that I don't know exactly what the did the trick, tapping it or doing a hard reset. Oh well, it works now and thats all that matters

Thank you everyone for your assistance on this!

You guys are awesome! I owe you all a beer! Cheers!!