IP Trouble

vidicam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IP Trouble

If you buy a camera that could be a brand or an unknown brand.
Usually, there is a small CD with software

The software on the CD may not be specifically for this camera
It can also be general software, though likely at a brand camera that the software is specially designed for this camera.
With this software is often a program to find the camera in your network sometimes stand alone and sometimes built into the camera viewing program
With names like device manager / ip finder

Some programs only find the camera what they have written for and by other programs it is always a gamble what they find.
The course is located in the software, but do not ask me why.

Usually on a desktop you get the camera working even though you sometimes run into problems with passwords and port numbers.

Hikvision, for example changed the password of admin/12345 to admin 123456789abc and if you do not know the right information you've got a problem

In the App for android mobile ,, IP Cam Viewer Lite '' you must choose the brand and model of the camera from a selection table.
If you device is not listed, you have a problem, you cannot reach your camera even though your IP / port number, and password are correct.

I for example mine Hikvision ,,DS-CD DS 2CD2032FI'' which is not elected in the list I've got a Hikvision from the list which was closest to it.
This was accepted, but if you choose another brand of camera or model you do not get in
So apparently there is a recognition in the software for a particular brand camera.

You also have an App ,, Tiny Cam Monitor '' which has also a list of cameras but you will see your camera is not in the list , here you need to fill in everything yourself and that it is often going wrong
they have 3 fields to fill in the port number the port number of ONVIF/The port number of the external ONVIF /The port number of the external RTSP with the notice the RTSP must be the same port number for extern (remote) and internal ( local )
what do they say here??? the term RTSP is new to me.

I can reached in the different brand of cameras through my Wi-Fi, but externally via my home IP address I'm not getting in
spite of my right IP / Port and password information.

Who knows what to do

Greeting,

adrie

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can reached in the different brand of cameras through my Wi-Fi, but externally via my home IP address I'm not getting in
spite of my right IP / Port and password information.
From a PC on the LAN, use the ShieldsUp! service or similar to test whether your port forwarding configuration is actually working.
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
This will show all listening (active) ports on your LAN fo rthe range of ports that you specify that it scans for.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that confirms that your port forwarding is working.

What IP addresses and ports are you using when you successfully connect via WiFi?
What software are you using to do this?
Are the ports that you have configured for external access different from those used via WiFi?
How have you configured the software for remote access?

vidicam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank for your Reply,:)

As I have noted it has nothing to do with the IP addresses or ports, but with the software installed App's

When the App ,, IP Cam Viewer Lite '' For example, I just fill in my own IP number and not that of the cameras used and of course set port forwarding numbers associated with these cameras.

I already report that none of the cameras used by me where in the list of this App.
For Hikvision I used the most adjacent model and it worked .

I can see internal and external this camera
The problem remained with the other two unknown Chinese cameras,

This app also suits a search function of a particular camera fit with software from the list
You choose the ,,Scan Camera’’ and the app does the rest it may take some time, but there is a small list coming out from which you can choose

The first in the list proved not to work, but the second one worked for my other two cameras
This was ,,Hisung 3016B DVR'' and worked for two totally different Chinese brands !!

Incidentally, this is a nice program and free http://hit-mob.com/ip-camera-viewer-ios/

The advantage of entering your own IP number in this app is that you are logging in both for your Wi-Fi and if you are out of the range of your WiFi you are logging in with your mobile.

Remain the problems of the App ,,Tiny Cam Monitor”

This App works fine with the Wi-Fi and the use of the internal IP addresses , but if you fill in you one IP address and the associated ports you will have a problem

Is there someone how to use this program see my earlier start Notes

Regards,

adrie

vidicam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use TinyCam Pro and have the following problem

If i use the network scan, both cameras will be found with the name ,,ONVIF Profile S'' under my local IP number and after this number stands : 8899 this port number is not open to me !!!
Still, I can see these cameras through my internal network but not through my externally network!

In advance mode search nothing is found
Also not with my external IP address with the forward port number of this camera.

Also in use is a Hikvision camera type,, 2CD-2032FI '' this is visible on the external IP number and with Wi-Fi and without you can see it on a Android phone.

The problem is, of course, the drivers for this unknown cameras
A camera is brand ,,GT View GT-70’’ the other is unknown.

In another App ,,IP CamViewer Lite’’ are both cameras to be found and visible internally and externally

Under the camera name Hisung ,, Hisung 3016B DVR ''

This driver is not in the list of Tiny Cam Pro!!.

Who has a solution

Regards,

Adrie Neyenhuys

vidicam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi to all,

If you decide to buy an unknown Chinese IP camera you should know a few things.
Lots of these cameras use different software and drivers.

To get an idea of ​​the variety of this software you must look of many drivers in the
,, the device list '' and ,, IP Cam viewers '' both for a desktop or phone Apps.

And that’s where the problems start to reveal such cameras in the same camera viewer program.

It is best to always buy the same brand camera and if you want to use multiple brands cameras do a brand or a camera that uses the same software, though it is difficult to find out the identity of cameras of different brands.
Often the software supplied with a brand cameras is better and understandable

Problems that you encounter are

IP address that is out of your reach from your computer or modem
A password that is not true
Overexposure especially in highlights a facade where the sun shines brightly is completely closed.
The camera is not detected by a program like ,, IP Cam Search '' while the IP address and any port forwarding number are filled out properly, because the software does not see the camera and walking over it.

Think twice before you buy an unknown Chinese brand
Rather give something more and stick to known brands such as

Hikvision / Foscam / Huison / Dahua / Axis

Regards

Adrie