IP Video Intercoms

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

We add the ip video intercom this week to expend our product range now, here is the link for the details. All models with the latest new version and stock in.
KTP01 can be a good kit for small house as a doobell cam.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That VTO2202F-P doorbell looks really interesting. A 1080p SIP and POE doorbel for less than €125 looks like a steal to me.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That VTO2202F-P doorbell looks really interesting. A 1080p SIP and POE doorbel for less than €125 looks like a steal to me.
Really 1080p SIP? I can only choose max 720p on main stream in VTO2202F-P.
Is any firmware in which it works more?

On second stream there is option for 1080p - but this inverse to every cctv cam (second stream should be faster/less resolution from main stream).
Also Dahua Indoor monitors has only 1024x600 resolution... And very ancient UI and screen technology (TFT)...

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Really 1080p SIP? I can only choose max 720p on main stream in VTO2202F-P.
Is any firmware in which it works more?

On second stream there is option for 1080p - but this inverse to every cctv cam (second stream should be faster/less resolution from main stream).
Oh, I was only going of the specs lists online that I've found on several websites. ;)They all say 1080p, POE and SIP so...
(So no personal experience with this thing)
Also Dahua Indoor monitors has only 1024x600 resolution... And very ancient UI and screen technology (TFT)...
Yeah; those are not expensive but might be okay for purely answering the door. But you may might as well get a normal iPad/Android tablet or even a SIP video phone.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because I tested 3 different intercoms (newest second generation HIK DS-KD8003, newest Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P, newest Doorbell D1101V) on my desk in the same time - I can put this picture to comparison.
Left UP is HIK intercom, Left DOWN is Doorbird, Right UP is Dahua Starlight cam (5442) and Right DOWN is Dahua intercom.

Doorbird has worst noise (no noise reduction at all), HIK intercom is second worst one.. Dahua intercom and cam have the best image.

Attachments

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doorbird D1101V was 671.00 Euro (flushed mounted, salt resistant front) and it has the worst image quality and mobile app speed over LTE.
It has big backlighted bell button and IR which can works all night. It overheats.
It send one mobile notification to IOS devices. Notification don't contain any picture.
It uses server located in Germany (no P2P/open ports config). It works as standalone device (no indoor station requirement).
Open documented API, working web hooks, big number of integrations (Web, ONVIF, RTSP, MJPEG, most popular home automation system have integration with Doorbird)...
Configuration only via mobile app.

HIK DS-KD8003 was about 210 euro with flush mounted frame. Second worst image. Good speed in mobile app over LTE.
It has big backlighted bell button and IR which can work all night. No overheat problems.
It send one mobile notification to IOS devices. Notification don't contain any picture.
It uses P2P or open ports. It DON'T WORK as standalone device - it require HIK indoor station - which works as voice server, push notification server and proxy to HIK Connect (P2P).
HIK offers many models of indoor station (for 120-250 euro extra) - and the more expensive have nice look, good screen technology (IPS) and modern User Interface.
This model is not ONVIF compliant (only HIK private protocol + RTSP), there is no web config page (closed port 80), no open documented API.
Some options can be setup over IVMS (more on PC, less on Mac), the rest is configured in indoor station.

Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P was about 300 euro with flush mounted frame. The best image. Good speed in mobile app over LTE.
It has metal round bell button which is NOT backlighted. IR turns on only for 30 second after someone push bell button at night. No overheats problems.
It uses P2P or open ports. It WORKs as standalone device (no indoor station requirement).
Dahua offers many models of indoor station (180-220 euro extra), but all are very cheap looking, old screen technology (TFT) and very ancient User Interface.
ONVIF compilant, SIP server&client, works with external SIP servers, RTSP, MJPEG... I found documentation for Dahua web API - but web hook implementation is more complicated.
Configuration via web config page. Mac SmartPSS see this intercom but don't offer any device config/live view...

Last edited:

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@steve1225
It seems that you have some experience with these devices. Any chance you would have some input on my post here?

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The specs and price suggest this doorbell is exactly what I've been wanting. Has anyone installed this unit and not immediately suffered buyers remorse?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the flush look. U gotta get the bracket for 20 or 30 extra tho.

Still would like to know the easiest and cheapest way to have this ring ur current dB.

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The specs and price suggest this doorbell is exactly what I've been wanting. Has anyone installed this unit and not immediately suffered buyers remorse?
The guy from the video in the post @fwdl1235 seems to be quite happy with it. He's also going to post some more videos about it too.
Apart from looks/size of this thing (you may not want to install this size of doorbell next to your door), this doorbell seems to tick all the boxes.
Just to bad that it doesn't seem to have a way to ring your standard doorbell; only through the indoorstations and phone app.

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The benchtop review is great. Would prefer additional feedback from someone with a live install.

I've found that SIP video clients hardly ever interoperate. Voice tends to work OK but not video. It would be required for the doorbell to perform like any other SIP device and connect to my VoIP provider (video optional), or local ATA, rather than the private SIP softphone app.

Agreed. I'm sure it would be possible to add a small circuit to ring a standard doorbell. These kind of things turn into yet another project on my TODO list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have it working in BI. Everything but talk back via BI
use the 1831 or the a35 option from the dropdown. it works great. The audio is very good. The BI app talk function is poor but that is an issue with the app, as alert triggers using wav files play crystal clear.
@riogrande75 and @eladbar have worked on an dahua eventhandler that can work with mqtt.
See Dahua VTO event manager script