IPC 4k 8MP 25-30fps hard to find - current generations

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, same here, nothing about it, marketing department seems to be in deep sleep. I've pulled the trigger on it, just to see how it performs. 30 days money back guarantee, free shipping - no-brainer.

Only two shops have in on sale, all other >400 EUR.
They both ship to the UK:
ABUS IPCA68500 IP Kamera Außen Tube 8 MPx 4K kaufen - ABUS Sicherheitstechnik von Firstmall kaufen, 219,00 €
ABUS IPCA68500 IP-Kamera 4K 4.3-8.6 mm T/N IR IP67

I've found it by accident while searching for remaining stock of IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS to see if it's Ambarella or not.
Did you consider the Hikvision 2385? Do let us know how that one performs btw.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you consider the Hikvision 2385? Do let us know how that one performs btw.
No, I've only one Hikvision so far (DS-2CD2442FWD-IW), I prefer Dahua, I don't like Hikvision webpage and camera webgui. Both look messy to me.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's why I try this Abus now. ;-)
So you don't like Gui of Hik (doesn't matter, just set it and forget it) so you went for an expensive camera from random manufacturer without having any idea about their own Gui / software ? Balsy move lol

Edit: ABUS might be Hik

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. You can get some insight while reading the manual of an unknown camera, in case such exists.
2. Check for firmware updates available - Do they contain release notes?
3. All cameras use Linux for OS - Is there a way to get sources, because of GPL?

All three points are fulfilled by this Abus, so it's worth to invest some time to it.

MicM

n3wb
Reaction score
1. You can get some insight while reading the manual of an unknown camera, in case such exists.
2. Check for firmware updates available - Do they contain release notes?
3. All cameras use Linux for OS - Is there a way to get sources, because of GPL?

All three points are fulfilled by this Abus, so it's worth to invest some time to it.
Please let us know how the cameras behave, have an 18 camera installation, and am in need of replacing 8 of them, and given that these specs are not fake (Abus is a solid company, even if have no idea how their cameras are), feel like it is pretty hard to beat them at this price point, might even go for these instead of buying some hikvision 1/2" cmos sensor ones, would only be reticent about the software, which tends to be an issue with companies where software isn't a big part of their business.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do, arrives tomorrow. I'm wondering about it's lens, Tamron 4.3-8.6mm 2x Zoom Lens, f/1.5-2.4 - very uncommon. I'm pretty sure this is no Hik. Firmware file is encrypted.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anybody know why Dahua current generation of IPC are mostly 15fps at 4K (8MP) resolutions ?

For example, i'm trying to find a bullet style IPC, i already have a number of the IPC-HFW2831T-ZS-S2 which can only can do 15fps @4k 8MP, Compared to the earlier generation IPC-HFW2831T-ZS which does 25fps @4k 8MP ....

It seems Dahua don't really offer much, if any at all, IPC in current generation that do 25-30fps 4K (8MP) resolutions...

It seems like a big step back. Be interesting to know the reasons, ususally later generations are step improvements, but not the case for IPC...

The reason i'm looking for a 25-30 fps @4K resolution IPC, is i have a area i need to monitor that has car/road traffic, and at 15fps, the footage is not really of much security use.

Best Regards...
Here's another 4K 30fps camera:
Amcrest IP8M-2597E-28mm (Amcrest is a Dahua OEM)
1/1.8" 8MP sensor, 30fps, US$125

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Abus - you can forget that! I'm really sorry for all people having bought this for £1k. This camera is a good example for what still can go wrong if a manufacturer combines a brand quality lens, a Sony sensor and an Ambarella SOC.

The good:
-daytime picture quality
-does 4K@25fps
-motorized lens
-metal everywhere, built like a tank
-no IE plugin required, works fine with all browsers
-writes MKV files on SMB file shares
-supports 3 rtsp streams
-DST working
-webgui
-low power consumption: 7.0W (IR off), 8.5W (IR on) - PoE
-close focus distance is 15cm
-Made in Taiwan

Before posting all bad things, I'll try to reach their support on Monday. I can only hope they already have a beta firmware to fix some quirks or I'll send it back.
IMG_20200801_124147.jpg

nilsson

n3wb
Reaction score
Let's see. Any owner of one of these cameras around here?

IPC-HDBW1831R
IPC-HFW1831E
IPC-HFW2831T-ZS
IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS
IPC-HDBW2831R-ZS
IPC-HDBW2831R-ZAS

They all are using same firmware image, so they are based on same board/SOC and I guess it's an Ambarella.
Please run this command on Windows/Linux command line to see what's inside:
Code:
curl --digest --globoff  "http://admin:yourpassword@x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=getSystemInfo"
This is what I'm searching for:

processor=S3LM
updateSerial=IPC-HDW5231R-Z-2713
####
processor=S3LM
updateSerial=IPC-HFW4239T-ASE-NI
####
processor=HI3516DV300
updateSerial=IPC-HDW5442TP-AS
####
processor=HI3519AV100
updateSerial=IPC-HFW5842HP-ZHE

deviceType=IPC-HDBW1831R
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=DH7200

updateSerial=IPC-HDBW1831R

MicM

n3wb
Reaction score
Abus - you can forget that! I'm really sorry for all people having bought this for £1k. This camera is a good example for what still can go wrong if a manufacturer combines a brand quality lens, a Sony sensor and an Ambarella SOC.

The good:
-daytime picture quality
-does 4K@25fps
-motorized lens
-metal everywhere, built like a tank
-no IE plugin required, works fine with all browsers
-writes MKV files on SMB file shares
-supports 3 rtsp streams
-DST working
-webgui
-low power consumption: 7.0W (IR off), 8.5W (IR on) - PoE
-close focus distance is 15cm
-Made in Taiwan

Before posting all bad things, I'll try to reach their support on Monday. I can only hope they already have a beta firmware to fix some quirks or I'll send it back.
View attachment 67826
Remember once contacting Abus support regarding a bike helmet and never heard back from them, so can't say I am hopeful (hope I'm wrong).

Could you expand on the sort of issues you had? Was it anything critical, like settings resetting themselves or something, or was it minor annoyances on setting up the camera, like it's time zone settings not being a particularly good system to work with?

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Remember once contacting Abus support regarding a bike helmet and never heard back from them, so can't say I am hopeful (hope I'm wrong).
I've made a short review here: Review (short) - Abus IPCA68500

I've reached their support today by phone but they didn't listen, just told me there will be no changes or feature updates in future firmware releases, they will fix only security issues - take it or leave it. So much potential wasted. :(

MicM

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, a real shame the software has so many issues and Abus seems to have no plans on fixing it, because for 200 and something € the hardware seems to be pretty unbeatable.

Guess I will stay with Hikvision then, buy some DS-2CD2T86G2-4I or something which can be had for the same price, while the hardware isn't the best thing in the world their cameras have been pretty solid purchases for me so far, and I suppose either way I should stay within Hikvision, since I might one day have to go from blue iris to iVMS for power consumption reasons (iVMS allows offloading motion detection to cameras which adds no extra energy consumption).

Hazza06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
interesting that the 2831...-..-S2 has the SSC328Q Mstar SoC, which allegedly does 20fps 4k 8MP, and Dahua appear to have limited the SoC capability to 15fps...

star@ubuntu-s01:~$ curl --digest --globoff ""
appAutoStart=true
deviceType=IPC-HFW2831S-S-S2
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=SSC328Q
serialNumber=xxx
updateSerial=IPC-HFW2831SP-S-S2
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HFW2831SP-S-S2:xxx
hharry@ubuntu-s01:~$

the n-1 gen (now EoL) 1831E having the DH7200 SoC which easily does 25fps 4k 8MP PAL

star@ubuntu-s01:~$ curl --digest --globoff ""
appAutoStart=true
deviceType=IPC-HFW1831E
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=DH7200
serialNumber=xxx
updateSerial=IPC-HFW1831E
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HFW1831E:xxx
hharry@ubuntu-s01:~$

Last edited:

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SMD3.0 use SigmaStar SSC339G very good.
Turn on AI can support 3840*2160@30FPS.
Currently only Chinese Dahua has this ARM processor.
669319.jpg
appAutoStart=true
deviceType=DH-IPC-HFW5843F1-ZYL-PV-AS
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=SSC339
updateSerial=IPC-HFW5843F1-ZYL-PV-AS-2712
updateSerialCloudUpgrade=IPC-HFW5843F1-ZYL-PV-AS-2712:01:02:13:64:41:00:01:10:03:03:04:44C:09:00:00:00:00:01:00:00:400

669617.jpg

Last edited: