IPC Cam power while in NVR but not in PoE Switch

Reaction score
I have a PoE IPC CAM, a PoE NVR, and a PoE Switch
For some reason, my IPC Cam stopped powering on when plugged in Switch (used to work), but if plug it in my NVR, it power normally.
I changed port, the network cable but not solved.
For information, i also have a PoE PTZ Cam and a Facial Recognition device and they power on normally in my Switch.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The specs say that camera requires POE+and up to 24.3 watts...that's a lot!

You are likely exceeding the power budget of the POE switch when you plug it in there.
What is the max power budget of that POE switch and the max wattage for a SINGLE port?
Add up the max power (watts) required of all the devices you are trying to power with that switch.

In addition, the specs for the NVR state "Total output power of PoE is 130 W, the maximum output power of a single port is 25.5W" so that explains why the NVR can power it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The specs say that camera requires POE+and up to 24.3 watts...that's a lot!

You are likely exceeding the power budget of the POE switch when you plug it in there.
What is the max power budget of that POE switch and the max wattage for a SINGLE port?
Add up the max power (watts) required of all the devices you are trying to power with that switch.

In addition, the specs for the NVR state "Total output power of PoE is 130 W, the maximum output power of a single port is 25.5W" so that explains why the NVR can power it up.
I updated the post with the link of switch, it have a total budget of 230W, with two ports that can offer up to 90W and other 14 ports offering up to 30 W

My PTZ cam uses up to 33W with IR light on (20W if off).
The Facial Access uses up to 12W.

I also tested use only IPC cam on switch, but it also doesnt power on

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks like one heck of a serious switch! The data sheet says it has a web interface. Maybe you could get some clues looking at that. Since the camera worked on the switch previously, could it be as simple as it is broken? Or could the external power supply have a problem? Since other devices are working on the switch, this does look like a mystery.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think only some of those ports on the switch are POE+, while the other are just POE
Porta 1-2 ≤90 W <--------- I would plug the PTZ into these POE+ ports
Porta 3-8 ≤30 W <--------- don't plug the PTZ into these POE ports

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't spot anything you're doing wrong. In this situation I'd be swapping and moving around as much as I could to isolate where the failure is. Ports, cables, cameras, settings you can change, etc.

Reaction score
I tried this, I reseted the camera and switch to factory settings, changed ports, cables, tried other cameras (worked) but not with this specific camera. I have other switch like this, i will test on it and return for you.