IPC Camera doesn't work

0vereem1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I've a problem with one of my six IPC Camera. After electricity shutted down one camera wont start.
IR LED are working, then I use IPCsearch to see whats happened, camera had a default IP and everything but I cound't connect to camera by IE. I notited one detail. In firmware name in this camera which doesn't work there is "_mini" behind firmware, maybe because of that? Attache! I tried to find firmware to reinstall it but there is no. Hard to find it "s2l55m_imx124_w_6.1.34.1". How to contact Herospeed? There is no e-mail or anything.

Best regards
Michal

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you do a hard reset ? It may be a button inside the camera or two contacts that need to be shorted together. The power surge may have fried the camera. I know nothing about Herospeed brand.

0vereem1

n3wb
Reaction score
I didnt try hard reset by pressing button inside, didnt take off camera from roof yet. Herospeed is software company I believe from where my camera has software but its hard to contact them to get software

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

0vereem1

n3wb
Reaction score
A google search yields a slightly newer version of that firmware - and it may be a valid match.
Just be sure to use the correct download link.
Download Ambarella S2L55M IMX124_X Camera Firmware 6.1.44.3 for OS Independent
Thanks a lot!
I downloaded it and upgrate the camera and its working!
Anyway IPCSearch now shows firmware version not 6.1.44.3 but like it was before 6.1.34.1 but anyway its working like before, "_mini" dissappear from the firmware version and everything its perfect!

Kind regards
Michal

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded it and upgrate the camera and its working!
Good result!
Anyway IPCSearch now shows firmware version not 6.1.44.3 but like it was before 6.1.34.1 but anyway its working like before, "_mini" dissappear from the firmware version and everything its perfect!
That's a bit odd.
Looking in the firmware file - the 'Ver.ini' file shows :
Code:
[VERSION]
sofvar=S2L55M_IMX124_W_6.1.44.3
But the important thing is that it's working again.