IPC-Color-4K , BI not finding streams

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 of these cameras and was just setting up the substreams in BI because (dumb me) I just set them up on the main stream and filled up my NAS pretty quickly, lol. Anyway - both cameras are set up the same way, but of course with unique IPs. On CAM1, the Find/Inspect pulls back the Main and Sub streams without any issues at all. On CAM2 it does not and I can only use the Main stream. I've verified that both cameras are identical in the configs, have rebooted CAM2, and the version is up to date (same on both) at:

1688654553263.png

I'm at a bit of a loss at this point. I tried using the same structure for the main and substream from CAM1 under stream profiles - but then the Main stream no longer works. Copying this from CAM1 settings to CAM2 settings:
1688654656208.png

If I copy the MAIN stream only, I get the following:
1688654722127.png

I'm sure it is something simple I am missing, but have struggled for hours without finding a solution.

Thanks in advance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

Make sure your sub streams are enabled properly in the camera's web interface.

If find/inspect does not work, it suggests there is a problem with the IP address or the credentials you have added.

Configuration in Blue Iris can be pretty straightforward, as you can ignore most of the fields (leave them at default for a new camera). Just enter the IP in the top box, user name and password below that, and choose "Dahua" in the "Make" dropdown, and "*Main Stream RTSP" in the "Model" dropdown. Then paste paths for the Main and Sub streams.

Main:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Sub:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

(Second sub if you prefer, from cams that support multiple sub streams):
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2

1688656000590.png

It is unclear if it actually means anything to choose Dahua / *Main Stream RTSP besides having the program autofill an overly complex main stream path. You could just as easily choose Generic/ONVIF and *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4 as the Make and Model, as long as you paste the stream paths manually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hit the find/inspect and screenshot and paste the window that pops up. That will give us a clue as to where the error is.

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is what I get on the find/inspect screenshot:

1688661060190.png
1688661090836.png

I did set it up as Dahua and then just changed the subtype, which seems like it works - but I have no idea if that is accurate:

1688661162893.png

I only assume it is accurate because when I go back to the general tab, I see this:
1688661215933.png

and that looks very similar to CAM1 which was able to find/inspect without issues.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That looks correct.

Hey if that Dahua RTSP works, go for it.

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just like things to make sense. Same camera, same version, same firmware, same settings - both should find/inspect the same way.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A good practice I do is factory reset every camera I get before I do anything as I have seen cams do funky things initially that a factory reset solves, so maybe something is wonky in the firmware you are using on the other camera?

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good idea. When I have some more time I will do a factory reset on that thing. See if that helps resolve.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just like things to make sense. Same camera, same version, same firmware, same settings - both should find/inspect the same way.
Most likely you have an incorrect password/user for onvif setup in the camera. Ensure that a proper onvif user account has been setup.

Covy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most likely you have an incorrect password/user for onvif setup in the camera. Ensure that a proper onvif user account has been setup.
That is what I thought at first, but I verified that I am using the admin user for both.

With that said, I created a specific onvif user and that does work, so you are correct. I'm just not sure why since i set them both up the same way (from scratch, no importing, and with a script in OneNote from the first to ensure I set them both up the same way).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is what I thought at first, but I verified that I am using the admin user for both.

With that said, I created a specific onvif user and that does work, so you are correct. I'm just not sure why since i set them both up the same way (from scratch, no importing, and with a script in OneNote from the first to ensure I set them both up the same way).
Sometimes, for unknown reasons, when the admin password is changed, it does not get transferred properly to the ONVIF password.