IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

Veinless

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know if this camera is compatible with Milestone XProtect?

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For ePTZ setting we also make a video to show how this cool function working. Here is the setting guide, for the IPC-Color4K-T180/B180 camera.

I tried this feature but I can't get the tracking to work like on this video, and is there a way to try to have the zoomed in image/or interest field of view to show in blue iris like on the dahua page in the video?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried this feature but I can't get the tracking to work like on this video, and is there a way to try to have the zoomed in image/or interest field of view to show in blue iris like on the dahua page in the video?
This is not available in Blue Iris, nor is it available in an NVR yet either LOL. Right now it is just SD card in the camera.

While it is neat, it is no different than simply digital zooming into the video or image. I played with mine and turned it off LOL.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is not available in Blue Iris, nor is it available in an NVR yet either LOL. Right now it is just SD card in the camera.

While it is neat, it is no different than simply digital zooming into the video or image. I played with mine and turned it off LOL.
Yea it's pretty cool if only it was available in blue iris I think it would help deep stack accurately dedect a human at a further distance .

dyno

n3wb
Reaction score
We will have a Beta firmware for the IPC-Color4K-T180 within this month, will have some adjustment on the pics, find a balance on the resolution, pics and good support for security ePTZ function . Yes, we Will invite some guys to do some testing on the new fw.

The T180 also will have a black version, looks awesome, will be released at March.
View attachment 154910
Just ordered from from your Amazon US store. Hope it works with SmartPSS - I know, I'm ghetto.

DesignTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been testing the 4K-T and running into some trouble with color settings. First, I can't seem to get WDR to give me a suitable image. When I turn it on, it does seem to tone down the highlights and bring up the shadows, but at the same time the color saturation and even sharpness seem to be affected. Going from 44 to 45 causes some kind of extreme jump in color saturation. Not sure what's going on here as this is my first time working with this particular brand/model versus the Amcrest I'm used to working with (screenshot attached for comparison)

Attachments

DesignTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also having trouble with over exposure during the day. Note on the images how the white car is overblown. Setting the exposure compensation from 50 all the way to 1 doesn't make any difference whatsoever. Yet, I know this setting does affect exposure as it seems to increase it as I go above 50 (up to 83 for example). I can't seem to find an exposure setting that corrects for the image being overexposed. Am I missing something? Does the increased night sensitivity make this camera less usable during the day (in sunny Arizona)?

Attachments

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm also having trouble with over exposure during the day. Note on the images how the white car is overblown. Setting the exposure compensation from 50 all the way to 1 doesn't make any difference whatsoever. Yet, I know this setting does affect exposure as it seems to increase it as I go above 50 (up to 83 for example). I can't seem to find an exposure setting that corrects for the image being overexposed. Am I missing something? Does the increased night sensitivity make this camera less usable during the day (in sunny Arizona)?
Try manual exposure instead of AUTO.

DesignTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried manual all the way down to 1/100000 and it’s still overexposed. Plus if I do that, then it won’t be in auto for color night vision either, right?

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried manual all the way down to 1/100000 and it’s still overexposed. Plus if I do that, then it won’t be in auto for color night vision either, right?
That shouldn't be happening. I have almost the same situation with one of my 4K-T cameras on my driveway, so may I suggest something? On your "Picture" settings, set everything (brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, gamma) at their default setting of "50." Then go to your "Exposure" settings and start with the following: Outdoor, Manual, Customized range 0-2, Gain 0-35, Exp. Compensation 50, 3D NR "on", Adv 3D and Adv 2D at 26. Set your WDR at "24." Does it still overexpose with these settings?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't go too high on WDR, max should be stay under 30. I usually set WDR at 20 for daytime. Many people don't even use WDR at all if possible because it will screw with the video exposure.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
You're probably not going to get everything in perfect exposure considering you have a white car.

One thing you can try is instead of WDR select Backlight compensation. Set to manual and draw the BC compensation box around the car and then see what results you get. You'll probably find the exposure dropped on the whole picture to bring the car into better exposure.

2 things to note here: You'll have to look at dusk and dawn to see if the rest of the picture is too dark. If it is, then you may need to set separate profils up for those without BC.

Secondly, even BC has some negative effects. Consider the exposure settings as they are to day (unaltered) of someone next to the car rather than the car itself and decide what's more important if the person is in perfect exposure. This isn't an slr with 50 zones of exposure. CCTV cameras are far more simple so some objects my be difficult to get into perect exposure.

Finally, looking at your WDR pics, they don't look bad to me. The one that looks yellow - was it a near dusk or dawn shot? - because the lighting can appear yellow at that tlme of day. The other shot looks natural to me as well but maybe that's just me. Remember as well, exposure compensation isn't your only option for colour control, go back a page and there are manual saturation and sharpening settings that you can adjust down if not to your liking.

Be aware, any setting changes you make will be to the current profile ie DAY. With additional profiles eg Night, low light etc, you'll have to find the best settings for each and save them.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been testing the 4K-T and running into some trouble with color settings. First, I can't seem to get WDR to give me a suitable image. When I turn it on, it does seem to tone down the highlights and bring up the shadows, but at the same time the color saturation and even sharpness seem to be affected. Going from 44 to 45 causes some kind of extreme jump in color saturation. Not sure what's going on here as this is my first time working with this particular brand/model versus the Amcrest I'm used to working with (screenshot attached for comparison)
I found WDR with this camera to be broken. I had the same issues you did. Anything under about ~45 and it washes out completely. I think Dahua needs to look into fixing WDR. SSA does seem to work on the other hand but it will make the image a bit "cartoony" with so much color saturation.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I try to update both of my IPC-Color4K-X-2.8MM camera to the latest firmware, I get update error! What am I doing wrong? I just updated 3 IPC-T5442TM with the latest firmware and they updated just fine.
This firmware is for IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180. Your camera is IPC-Color4K-X which use different firmware.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 4K-X uses the same firmware that you used on your IPC-T5442TM. Firmware for the 4K-T is different.

DesignTech

n3wb
Reaction score
That shouldn't be happening. I have almost the same situation with one of my 4K-T cameras on my driveway, so may I suggest something? On your "Picture" settings, set everything (brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, gamma) at their default setting of "50." Then go to your "Exposure" settings and start with the following: Outdoor, Manual, Customized range 0-2, Gain 0-35, Exp. Compensation 50, 3D NR "on", Adv 3D and Adv 2D at 26. Set your WDR at "24." Does it still overexpose with these settings?
You're probably not going to get everything in perfect exposure considering you have a white car.

One thing you can try is instead of WDR select Backlight compensation. Set to manual and draw the BC compensation box around the car and then see what results you get. You'll probably find the exposure dropped on the whole picture to bring the car into better exposure.

2 things to note here: You'll have to look at dusk and dawn to see if the rest of the picture is too dark. If it is, then you may need to set separate profils up for those without BC.

Secondly, even BC has some negative effects. Consider the exposure settings as they are to day (unaltered) of someone next to the car rather than the car itself and decide what's more important if the person is in perfect exposure. This isn't an slr with 50 zones of exposure. CCTV cameras are far more simple so some objects my be difficult to get into perect exposure.

Finally, looking at your WDR pics, they don't look bad to me. The one that looks yellow - was it a near dusk or dawn shot? - because the lighting can appear yellow at that tlme of day. The other shot looks natural to me as well but maybe that's just me. Remember as well, exposure compensation isn't your only option for colour control, go back a page and there are manual saturation and sharpening settings that you can adjust down if not to your liking.

Be aware, any setting changes you make will be to the current profile ie DAY. With additional profiles eg Night, low light etc, you'll have to find the best settings for each and save them.
I think I've figured out the nuances of this camera. 1. I believe that the large aperture camera actually has a limit on how little light it can take in, so setting the shutter to 1/100000 is still too slow to actually get the exposure right in a bright, sunny Arizona day. I'll deal with it because the night vision is more important IMO. Regarding the WDR, all three of those screenshots were at the same time of day. WDR is "broken" on this camera. Turning it off produces the best picture, turning it on with the setting 44 and below washes out the color quite badly and doesn't even help that much with shadow detail. Turning it on 45+ turns the sharpness and saturation to insane levels. Sure I could try to compensate for this by adjusting other settings, but you'd think the camera would do it.

Overall, I'm just leaving WDR off and dealing with the darker shadows and ignoring the fact that the camera can't lower the exposure enough on bright days because of it's ability to capture so much light at night.

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've just had one of these cameras delivered. I already had the T5442T-ZE setup in BI so this should have been a 5 min job......not so.

I'm still diagnosing but as of now and no matter what I try my BI feed from this 4k-t crashes. The 4k-t web gui live does not crash. It is absolutely related to BI in my instance. I think BI can't deal with a 264 feed as when I change to 265 everything is OK.

The BI crashes can be observed at random lengths via the BI status page. On cameras I see my FPS drop and then just stops often showing 7.77fps. Interestingly, when this happens the bitrate is still fluctuating around like it is shifting packets.

It's never straight forward is it......haha

I also upgraded the firmware to the latest as I had massive RSTP stutter via VLC on the factory firmware.

Maybe I need to do the dreaded climb and reset.......damn!