IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As always @wittaj I appreciate your knowledge and patience.

I have now turned off Hardware acceleration "everywhere" in BI (Both main settings and individually on the cameras) but the problem with my 4k-T beeing "laggish" still persists.

I have come closer to a conclusion that my issue has to be something within BlueIris because when I view my Main stream live from within the Cameras GUI, it is completely "fluid", even at 15fps.

I tried to lower the camera's bitrate to 14336 kb/s which is the highest from the dropdown menu without going to "custom" . Do you know why the bitrate reading in BI never matches with the camera's bitrate setting? (It just came to my mind typing this it could have something to do with kb/s vs kB/s as i read elsewhere) but even then it does not correlate with the multiplication by 8 factor)

Here are my camera settings in BI:

4k-t BI cam config.png

4k-t BI cam config 2.png

As you can see it is not "Dahua" because when I select that and hit "find/inspect" BI automatically chooses generic/onvif for me. It also reverts the fps to 16 even if I set it to 15 every time.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The new F/W for the 4K-T will speed-up the connection issues (slow connect). It makes a lot of things
in the camera superior to most of the rest of the product line!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Up the receive buffer to 40MB in BI in that first screenshot and that should solve it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Firmware has been released on 1st page, this firmware for the T180 and B180 too, we update with more resolution selection to get flat pics.

1678804666773.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firmware has been released on 1st page, this firmware for the T180 and B180 too, we update with more resolution selection to get flat pics.

View attachment 156843
While the resolution is for the 180 camera, is this firmware only for the 180 or does it cover the 4K/T as well with the latest improvements?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
While the resolution is for the 180 camera, is this firmware only for the 180 or does it cover the 4K/T as well with the latest improvements?
That resolution is for the 180 series, the 4K-T still same as before, have some update too.
Fixed Bugs:
1.4K full-color cameras support face detection, people counting, IVS, object monitoring, heat map, SMD, time division multiplexing, and more.
2.4K dual image splicing cameras support SMD, IVS, people counting, heat map, dual image splicing, EPTZ, and more.
3.Fix some tiny bugs.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That resolution is for the 180 series, the 4K-T still same as before, have some update too.
Fixed Bugs:
1.4K full-color cameras support face detection, people counting, IVS, object monitoring, heat map, SMD, time division multiplexing, and more.
2.4K dual image splicing cameras support SMD, IVS, people counting, heat map, dual image splicing, EPTZ, and more.
3.Fix some tiny bugs.
So to confirm the firmware on Post #1 is good to put on both cameras and there are not two variants floating around (one firmware for 180 and another for 4K/T)?

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Up the receive buffer to 40MB in BI in that first screenshot and that should solve it.
I tried that, unfortunately that did not make any difference.
I have played with this camera for several hours now and it has to be with Blue Iris. As I mentioned, viewing the Main stream from within the cameras GUI, it is super smooth.

In Blue Iris console it is "laggish" as hell. If I make a trigger and playback the recording in Blue Iris it is exactly as "laggish" BUT if I "convert/export" that same clip to a mp4 file and play it in any videoplayer it works perfect.
This only applies to my 4k-t camera in Blue Iris.

I have tried nearly every possible combination of bitrates and fps, even switching over to h264.H and back. Rebooted the camera and BI computer but still the same. It just started snowing outside and it's like if the videofeed "stutters" every other second...

I also deleted the camera in BI and re-added it.

Also updated it with the latest FW I received from Andy today- same result. But the Image quality had a HUGE improvement on the default settings with the 230227FW. The detail clarity is much better with the new FW

After the FW update I see in BI log "
Events: request 00000190
"
so I am now about to go get a very old laptop with win7 and Internet Explorer to try the "hop and dance 3 times in a row factory default before and after approach"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm I am not sure what else to try now. I have two of the 4K/T and mine are smooth in BI.

I haven't updated the firmware to the newest, but if you are saying it is a huge improvement in video quality, I guess I will try but it is pretty good now.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found my old win7 laptop with IE11. Did a 4 times factory reset first, then "re-updated" with todays latest firmware, another 3 times factory default and configured the camera from scratch. Still no cigar regards the laggish picture. At least I got rid of the annoying "events requests" it generated in the BI log

Anyway, Really impressed with the image quality of this camera, especially now that it just got dark where I live.
I will just have to live with the stuttering image in BI for now, as it seems the problem is not within the camera. I just tested the live RTSP stream directly in VLC player now, also works perfect.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Fixed Bugs:
3.Fix some tiny bugs.
Does this mean the 4KT/180 now supports face detection!?

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried that, unfortunately that did not make any difference.
I have played with this camera for several hours now and it has to be with Blue Iris. As I mentioned, viewing the Main stream from within the cameras GUI, it is super smooth.

In Blue Iris console it is "laggish" as hell. If I make a trigger and playback the recording in Blue Iris it is exactly as "laggish" BUT if I "convert/export" that same clip to a mp4 file and play it in any videoplayer it works perfect.
This only applies to my 4k-t camera in Blue Iris.

I have tried nearly every possible combination of bitrates and fps, even switching over to h264.H and back. Rebooted the camera and BI computer but still the same. It just started snowing outside and it's like if the videofeed "stutters" every other second...

I also deleted the camera in BI and re-added it.

Also updated it with the latest FW I received from Andy today- same result. But the Image quality had a HUGE improvement on the default settings with the 230227FW. The detail clarity is much better with the new FW

After the FW update I see in BI log "
Events: request 00000190
"
so I am now about to go get a very old laptop with win7 and Internet Explorer to try the "hop and dance 3 times in a row factory default before and after approach"
So the issues you’re having may be related to the video card if you have an NVidia card. I had the exact same problem with the 4kt if my monitor is connected to my NVidia RTX2060 or via RDP with anything connected to my NVidia card but if I connect my monitor to my Intel on board GPU I can play back smooth without an issue. I also had issues with exported video though as well, when exported. I had the same problem with h264 or h265. I also had major issues setting the correct bitrate in the camera until the latest firmware. It just wouldn’t stick for me. I also couldn’t get day/night settings to stick properly until latest firmware either.

m00st

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got my T180 today (via Andy), but I can't get the ePTZ to work, despite being on a recent version (which it came with):

ONVIF Version 21.12(V3.1.0.1297355)
System Version V3.120.0000000.19.R, Build Date: 2023-03-01
Web Version V5.01.0.1394207
Algorithm Version V3.03.01.0
Security Baseline Version V2.3

I have IVS rules (tripwire and intrusion), but in the PTZ config screen, I continue to see only thge main screen, not the botom row with 1 or 3 subscreens.
Using Chrome on Windows 11. I get a 'to use this function, please download and install the plug-in' with a download link. Nothing happens when I run it.

Any suggestions?

Update:
OK, silly me.. I will keep as a reference for others: if you download the plug-in from the camera, don't run it from the Chrome UI. It will not run. Go to file explorer and run. Then Windows 11 throws a warning. If you choose 'Run Anyway' it installs and things work.

Last edited: