IPC-Color4K-T180 or the HIK ver?

aMike101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been a long time reader here and i was wondering what the thoughts where on this cameras resolution? IPC-Color4K-T180

It seems most like HIK model since it has a better resolution but i like the T180 because it is smaller couldn't the strange resolution be changed with a firmware upgrade?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m interested to know too, frankly if you are using blue iris it shouldn’t matter in terms of which one you go with

I’m more curious to know what they are using the 180 degree cameras for, it looks like an eyesore depending on where you mount them

aMike101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m interested to know too, frankly if you are using blue iris it shouldn’t matter in terms of which one you go with

I’m more curious to know what they are using the 180 degree cameras for, it looks like an eyesore depending on where you mount them
I use BI i hope it can handle the resolution , i want the 180 cameras to cover large fields around the house.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

aMike101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could this be fixed with a firmware upgrade? Why would Dahua do such thing....:(

BTW wouldn't using a lesser video resolution defeat the purpose of 180 degree camera?

Reaction score
I put an order in for the Dahua with Andy, the main reason was because it uses the same Dahua mounts already on my house and I don't want to drill new holes for the Hik. Right now I have a ghetto 180 setup using two IPC-T3241T-ZAS cameras.

Don't Look Up

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a night color Hikvision running for my back yard view. Hardware wise and sensitivity on par with my Dahua night colors, but the interface IMO on the Dahuas are quite a bit better.

aMike101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use the Hik/Annke cam because is uses the correct aspect ratio. IPC-Color4K-T180 only offers the correct aspect ratio at half resolution. No idea what was the motivation for that.

Either will work fine in Blue Iris.
After watching a video from the hookup i see what you mean everything looks stretched out. Assuming the T180 looks the same as the B180

What was Dahua thinking?

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know some firmware is being released for the dahua. With that or anything before it, has this correct aspect ratio at full resolution issue ever been resolved?