IPC-EBW81230 latest firmware got vulnerabilities fixes?

MGA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

As you are very involved with Dahua and able to get the latest information, I hope you could help me with my IPC-EBW81230 camera.

I'm looking for the latest firmware, and also trying to understand if this latest firmware is able to look at the streams in the web GUI and also get the latest fixes for the vulnerabilities announced from Dahua on several models.

I have already looked on their website, but is is very difficult to find those informaiton. The latest firmware I found was more to 2 years old...

I would really appreciate if you could gove me some light on this.
Best regards.
Guillaume

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

As you are very involved with Dahua and able to get the latest information, I hope you could help me with my IPC-EBW81230 camera.

I'm looking for the latest firmware, and also trying to understand if this latest firmware is able to look at the streams in the web GUI and also get the latest fixes for the vulnerabilities announced from Dahua on several models.

I have already looked on their website, but is is very difficult to find those informaiton. The latest firmware I found was more to 2 years old...

I would really appreciate if you could gove me some light on this.
Best regards.
Guillaume
you should never be exposing these cameras to the internet directly without a VPN so the vulnerability should be irrelevant.

MGA

n3wb
Reaction score
I fully agree with you, but even if they are not exposed to internet, you should keep them up to date. attack can also come from internal, from a compromised device connected to wifi for exemple.

So my question is still active, do you know where we could find the latest firmware for this camera?

I also hope that the latest firmware will allow to use the GUI to see the live stream as this is not working anymore with recent browser...

Thanks in advance.
G

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I fully agree with you, but even if they are not exposed to internet, you should keep them up to date. attack can also come from internal, from a compromised device connected to wifi for exemple.

So my question is still active, do you know where we could find the latest firmware for this camera?

I also hope that the latest firmware will allow to use the GUI to see the live stream as this is not working anymore with recent browser...

Thanks in advance.
G
lol, if you have a compromised device on your network you are screwed regardless. These attacks come from the outside. There are lots of vulnerabilities in the cameras that have not been disclosed and there is no firmware patch. It would be foolish to assume that firmware will help. If you are that paranoid, setup a vlan.

MGA

n3wb
Reaction score
This is your view and I respect it, but I don't want to debate about it.

My question is really about where to find the latest Dahua firmware for my Camera as the Dahua web site is obviously not up to date.

@EMPIRETECANDY Do you know if there is a new firmware lately for IPC-EBW81230 camera? With ability to see the stream in the browser without plugin maybe?

Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

My question is really about where to find the latest Dahua firmware for my Camera as the Dahua web site is obviously not up to date.

@EMPIRETECANDY Do you know if there is a new firmware lately for IPC-EBW81230 camera? With ability to see the stream in the browser without plugin maybe?

Thanks in advance
Its not my "view" its fact.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance
You can check it here for the update.