IPC-HDBW2320RP-ZS Problem: Can't Connect

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased the IPC-HDBW2320RO-ZS, installed it, and tuned the lens. I then unplugged the Ethernet cable and later plugged it back in. BI lost the signal. Am not able to detect it in Config Tool (on default IP address or any others). The cable and POE injector is fine (I tried it with another camera). I did a hard reset (10 seconds on the button inside the dome), the vari-focal lens did some whirring, rebooted, but still Config Tool doesn't see it.

Any ideas on what I should try next to get it working again?

Reaction score
Also you may default it back to 192.168.1.108 by pressing reset switch on motherboard.

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, Gerry. I tried 12v instead of PEO (and ran the cable straight to the switch bypassing the injector). Still can't see it in Config Tool.

I had tried the reset button earlier. I did it again (holding for more than 10 seconds) after switching to 12v. Heard the whirring noise again. Still no luck in seeing it in Config Tool :-(

Reaction score
Sounds like a dud.Id say the auto startup motor actuator that does the power up cycle is stuck or something.Try taking apart head portion.The head is bit tricky get apart though.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, Gerry. I tried 12v instead of PEO (and ran the cable straight to the switch bypassing the injector). Still can't see it in Config Tool.

I had tried the reset button earlier. I did it again (holding for more than 10 seconds) after switching to 12v. Heard the whirring noise again. Still no luck in seeing it in Config Tool :-(
Did you try connecting it straight to the computer? Through POE or 12v, manually set the IP on your computer and see if it defaulted to factory settings, otherwise it's junk and you can send it to me. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
confirm the proper reset procedure for the camera...for example, hikvision requires you to remove power then hold reset button down while applying power....it is very unlikely that the camera suddenly became defective while it was unplugged..

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I think this is getting stranger and stranger. I connected it to a laptop with Config Tool installed. Used 12v power supply. Config Tool was able to detect it (192.168.1.108). I clicked on the "i" icon under Operate, and it brought up the camera's information. But, when I clicked on the Explorer icon under Operate, it timed out.

When I clicked on Device Config, selected the IP address, then clicked on Get Device Info, I get "Connection Failed".

After pressing the button to restore to factory defaults for 10 seconds, nothing happens for 20 seconds. Then, a 6 second whirring noise sounds. The lens does not cycle/move. (I checked the manual; power should be on when doing the factory reset).

Any suggestions on what to try next? I'm hesitant to crack open the head and inspect the actuator, but will if that is the last option. This is so curious, since it was working when I tested it out after receiving the camera. (BTW, I did verify again that the cable is fine...this time with a different tester).

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
change your netmask to 255.255.0.0, or manually configure your IP to be on same subnet as camera (192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0) then open your browser and go to http://192.168.1.108 and screw the config tool.

this is 100% a pebcak issue.