IPC-HDBW4231F-AS POE not working?

akirarat

n3wb
Reaction score
I got a Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS today from EMPIRETECANDY. Thanks for the super fast shipping! The picture quality is great. I really like it but the POE feature doesn't work.

I hooked it up to 3 POE injectors, and still the camera did not power up. I verified with a ping. Here's the list of POE devices I used.

1. Ubiquiti Inline POE injector GP-A240-050
2. Trendnet TPE-S44
3. Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

I did find a 12VDC power adapter, hooked that up to the power end of the camera and was able to ping the camera and load the admin page at http://192.168.1.108. Does anyone have a idea what I'm doing wrong? I really like POE to work because I want to run one ethernet line instead of 2. There's nothing wrong with the network. It seems like if the camera is not taking power from the ethernet port.

I made a video to help you diagnose the problem.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe one of the 24V versions damaged the camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akirarat

n3wb
Reaction score
Ethernet is working because I connected the 12VDC and camera turns on. Camera is not damaged.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is a good chance the 24V Ubiquity supply might have damaged the DC-DC converter in the camera, the parts that take the 48vdc on the POE line and break out 12Vdc for the camera.

akirarat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks you all. I got it working. Trendnet TPE-S44 only supports POE on first 4 ports. I connected it to port 8 and it didn't get power. Ubiquiti seems like it is proprietary and will not work with this camera.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks you all. I got it working. Trendnet TPE-S44 only supports POE on first 4 ports. I connected it to port 8 and it didn't get power. Ubiquiti seems like it is proprietary and will not work with this camera.
All of the cams we tested fully before shipping, so power failed mostly is the power supply, cams always good, because we test 10cams in one time via POE switch.
But happy that you make this out~