IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE 60 FPS

lucasCam

n3wb
Reaction score
The Dahua IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE is listed to have 60fps but I can't seem to get that setting to work. I've tried different resolutions but the web interface on the camera doesn't have the option available. Is there another setting I have to trigger for it to work?

IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE

no60fps.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dahua IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE is listed to have 60fps but I can't seem to get that setting to work. I've tried different resolutions but the web interface on the camera doesn't have the option available. Is there another setting I have to trigger for it to work?

IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE

Hi @lucasCam

IP cameras have a limit of CPU power, to get more fps you may have to turn off other options to enable enough CPU / processing resources to be allocated to generate and encode enough fps.

lucasCam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @lucasCam

IP cameras have a limit of CPU power, to get more fps you may have to turn off other options to enable enough CPU / processing resources to be allocated to generate and encode enough fps.
I tried that too. I lowered the bitrate to very low, the resolution, I don't have any event triggering setup.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried that too. I lowered the bitrate to very low, the resolution, I don't have any event triggering setup.
Hi @lucasCam

iirc there are other computational factors which consume allocation of processing power besides the variables you are attempting to adjust.

search on the forum, play around a bit more, and / or wait for someone who recalls which switch to toggle / adjust to help increase the fps.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE

View attachment 45080
A lot of Dahuas specifications that are published are wrong. After messing with my version of this cam, 30fps is the best it's going to do.

lucasCam

n3wb
Reaction score
I am attaching it to my drone to see what kind of ariel shots they will take LOL. No I just saw it in the specs and just wanted to play with it. I paid for it, I want to at least try!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am attaching it to my drone to see what kind of ariel shots they will take LOL. No I just saw it in the specs and just wanted to play with it. I paid for it, I want to at least try!
Try toggling the various settings and let us know which one does the trick ( the drop down is covering some up so I'm not certain which are already toggled.. the first one I would try is Smart Codec.. )

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try toggling the various settings and let us know which one does the trick ( the drop down is covering some up so I'm not certain which are already toggled.. the first one I would try is Smart Codec.. )
Already tried that here, ain't gonna happen.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have seen this problem on my Dahuas too. They are advertised as 25/30fps. But then some of the cameras only do 25 max, and some 30. I checked all the settings. Everything the same. Not sure what gives...

EDIT:

I just figured it out! The camera was directly connected to the NVR during set up. So it did not load new settings. So when you manually login to the camera, it prompt me to enable P2P and which region. By default, the region is PAL so it saves at 25FPS. When I changed to NTSC, then it went to 30FPS!

So try that! Go into your camera region and switch to NTSC.

Last edited:

perohu

n3wb
Reaction score
Some cameras support 50/60fps only if you disable WDR!

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You using PAL or NTSC? Checked my PTZ1A225U-IRA-N and can do 60fps with NTSC