Pool Side: IPC-HFW4231B-AS

both from Andy

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nogi,
I need you help for a bug ticket, you need to do the following steps:
At the front Yard cam:
Please make a picture from webif at daytime and nighttime. Look in the webif at the focus point. With mouse over you see a value. I need it. It seems, you use the cam at maximum viewing angle?
The next step is to start auto focus at nighttime. Look in webif again at focus point. You will notice a higher value! Write it down and post it with the sample picture of the new focus point. Wait for day time. Take a snapshot at daytime.
I need sample pictures for day and nighttime with both focus points. Add it here with the original quality.

I expect after auto focusing at nighttime a slightly defocused daytime picture. I am examine this focus bug several weeks with different types of zoom lens cams, except ptz ones.

I would also appreciate every other user to do the same test. It is nesesary to find also 4mp zoom lens user, because the difference is much bigger here.
The cam needs to be at a focus point below endless. Best is under 5m. The nearer the bigger is the difference. Of cause, the samples need to be at highest resolution which the cam supports.

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great you have the 4mp one comparing to my hdbw5431! Here is the difference very big and I mean on the small picture you posted it's also defocused at night. But I need the original picture quality.
Btw, the 4mp is not a starlight... It has no Sony exmor and only 0,03lux

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With 76kb, what codec and resolution do you use? I assume h265 smart codec at max resolution? Otherwise for my test you need h265 (+) and 4mp with 4Mbit VBR 6 or higher.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, I went to do this tonight but what is webif? I can take a snapshot but don't see any focus point options

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Webif is a shortcut for webinterface. Or gui of the cam.
I send you a video for seeing what I mean.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the 4431's and get no ir problems. Even though the software says 4421 the single ir makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@JFire ,
I would appreciate you to do the tests with day and night like I described above. I am sure you will see a different focus point for night view and a better picture quality.
I tested it with nogi and here the focus point difference is about 40 (340 at day and 380 at night)
I still collect example material, because dahua seems not to go ahead for my issue report. In a few days, I will start a new topic for this issue.
If you need assistance I can help over teamviewer.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JFire ,
I would appreciate you to do the tests with day and night like I described above. I am sure you will see a different focus point for night view and a better picture quality.
I tested it with nogi and here the focus point difference is about 40 (340 at day and 380 at night)
I still collect example material, because dahua seems not to go ahead for my issue report. In a few days, I will start a new topic for this issue.
If you need assistance I can help over teamviewer.
It will be a couple of days. My pc is taken apart while the wife paints the room it's in.

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That would be nice. And please don't forget to refocus after day/night switching, and a comparison picture with both focus points. And last, to every picture the measured focus digits with mouse over.
Thank you.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try. Looking at op pictures his kb/s is way low compared to mine. Is that due to my resolution and quality my cameras are set on?

This is a ss from gdmss plus. Regular snaps wont show the kbs.

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please look under conditions/video
You should use vor this test for main stream maximum resolution, VBR with quality 5, h265 and 6mbit.
Only on high quality settings you see the difference. Anyway, the focus point is the same, it has nothing to do with stream settings. But on lower Cifs you can't see a difference. You need minimum 1080p.

You example picture is maybe from second stream? Seems to be low resolution.

And add the real 4MP resolution picture as thumbnail.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was a screenshot. If i take a snap it doesnt show the bit rate.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This cam is an international model. So you can use official firmware releases.
It's a cheaper starlight series, and if you are sure about the needed field of view a fixed focus cam be a good choice. The ir power is not really suitable for 50m, for security purposes you need faster shutter speed, so a realistic maximum distance would be around the half.

Buying from a China line is not really so much cheaper. You must add tax fees (but you can have luck not paying for it) and you won't get the warranty like a Dahua partner would give to you (3 Years). The shipping cost for sending back is payed by yourself.

If you were coming from Germany (or Dach), you can ask me I am a Dahua Partner and professional installateur from Germany.