IPC-HDBW5231E-Z ip dome controll

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to install my new camera but how the hell do I adjust the tilt and zoom? I have an NVR and smart pss on my laptop. I can't find it in manuals. Why does all this stuff have to be so difficult to find? It's driving me nuts! You can do some things from program "A" but not other things so you have to use program "B" but you can't do everything from that program either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to install my new camera but how the hell do I adjust the tilt and zoom? I have an NVR and smart pss on my laptop. I can't find it in manuals. Why does all this stuff have to be so difficult to find? It's driving me nuts! You can do some things from program "A" but not other things so you have to use program "B" but you can't do everything from that program either.
You cannot adjust the tilt...it is not a ptz..it a motorized varifocal..you can adjust the "zoom" in the cameras web interface...this is meant for a one time adjustment at the time of install..its not a "zoom"...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You control pan/tilt with you hands, zoom is in the WebUI under Camera -> Conditions.. this is not a PTZ, its a Motorized varifocal you poor bastard.. You set the zoom once and leave it there until you move it some place else
I would like to install my new camera but how the hell do I adjust the tilt and zoom?

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I know its not a PTZ. I just knew the camera zoomed and didn't understand how the camera moved under the dome to point in the desired direction. There is no manual online that explains anything that I could find. So how is somebody supposed to know? And I can't get into the web UI on my Mac. When It says I have to install the plugin I hit install and get a 404 error page.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I know its not a PTZ. I just knew the camera zoomed and didn't understand how the camera moved under the dome to point in the desired direction. There is no manual online that explains anything that I could find. So how is somebody supposed to know? And I can't get into the web UI on my Mac. When It says I have to install the plugin I hit install and get a 404 error page.
That is basic common knowledge...these cameras are not intended to be sold to amateurs and that is why it is not mentioned in a manual...why dont you take the dome off and see?
search the forum for NPAPI for your browser issue

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It should come with some basic instructions. If you have absolutely nothing, that sucks. If all else fails, if you can at least see a picture remotely to aim it, there may well be buttons or toggles on the camera itself to zoom/ focus manually. Take a look and see.