IPC HDW-5231R-Z Mechanical zoom not working

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, Recently purchased 3 of the HDW-5231R-Z cams. Two of them are working great but one seems to have a problem with the mechanical zoom not working. I have downloaded the latest firmware, I have done a factory reset, I have tested the cable and that’s fine. Just can’t seem to get the zoom to work. Any other ideas out there? All three cams were purchased at the same time, seems weird only one is being a pain.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, Recently purchased 3 of the HDW-5231R-Z cams. Two of them are working great but one seems to have a problem with the mechanical zoom not working. I have downloaded the latest firmware, I have done a factory reset, I have tested the cable and that’s fine. Just can’t seem to get the zoom to work. Any other ideas out there? All three cams were purchased at the same time, seems weird only one is being a pain.
have you taken the camera down and tested with a short premade cable?
did you wire the run using 568B?
how long is the run?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also open it and see if one of the silica bags is somehow blocking something or if something is unplugged. @EMPIRETECANDY might have some additional troubleshooting tips.

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
have you taken the camera down and tested with a short premade cable?
did you wire the run using 568B?
how long is the run?

The run is lest then 15meters and I have tested it with another cam and the zoom works fine. So I think I can eliminate the cable as being a issue. I also have plugged the cam at fault into the POE switch with a lead that is only 1 meter long and still no zoom function.

Rocko

n3wb
Reaction score
You can also open it and see if one of the silica bags is somehow blocking something or if something is unplugged. @EMPIRETECANDY might have some additional troubleshooting tips.

I have opened the cam up and nothing appears to be sticking out that would be preventing the zoom from working.