IPC-HDW4300C IR-Cut stopped working

ruddj

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently installed a IPC-HDW4300C (Version 2.420.0005.0.R, build : 2014-12-05) and it was working great for a few weeks, but now the night vision seems to have stopped working. The IR Led still glows red and actually casts a shadow visible on another camera, but the unit itself seems to show practically nothing. (See images below)
I’m guessing it is the IR-Cut and was hoping someone may have a suggestion on how to fix it?
Thanks.

Before
FrntDr.20151118_030000_1.jpg
After
FrntDr.20151119_030000_1.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently installed a IPC-HDW4300C (Version 2.420.0005.0.R, build : 2014-12-05) and it was working great for a few weeks, but now the night vision seems to have stopped working. The IR Led still glows red and actually casts a shadow visible on another camera, but the unit itself seems to show practically nothing. (See images below)
I’m guessing it is the IR-Cut and was hoping someone may have a suggestion on how to fix it?
Thanks.

Before
View attachment 6490
After
View attachment 6491
Have you tried power cycling the camera?

ruddj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. I have rebooted it from within the web interface, but have not completely killed power, waited and restored. I will try that tonight and report back.
I also tried tapping body in case it was slightly stuck, but that seemed to have no effect.

ruddj

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried power cycling the camera?
Hi fenderman, I powered it off for 15 min, but after starting it back up the screen was still mostly dark and it appears IR Cut is still locked on. Thanks for the suggestion, but looks like I will need to try something else.
Any other ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman, I powered it off for 15 min, but after starting it back up the screen was still mostly dark and it appears IR Cut is still locked on. Thanks for the suggestion, but looks like I will need to try something else.
Any other ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks.
try adjusting the option for the type of lighting, outdoor/60/50...just cycle through them and see if anything changes..

ruddj

n3wb
Reaction score
try adjusting the option for the type of lighting, outdoor/60/50...just cycle through them and see if anything changes..
Thanks. I tried adjusting all the settings to see if I could trigger any change but no luck. Definitely looks to be a hardware issue. I'll have to take it down and open it up.
Thank you for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I tried adjusting all the settings to see if I could trigger any change but no luck. Definitely looks to be a hardware issue. I'll have to take it down and open it up.
Thank you for your help.
Before opening it, test it with a short premade cable...sometimes a bad crimp/cable can affect power to the camera that can cause this issue.