Ipc-hdw4300c - Unresponsive

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HDW4300C that i can no longer log into. I cannot get the browser to respond to the ip address - nothing loads. I can ping the camera but that's about it. I have not yet taken it down to test with another cable...any other ideas? I tried power cycling but that did not help. Its getting power via a poe switch and i can see the IR glow...i swapped the poe port with another camera and its still the same....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So this is getting stranger...i am able to see and log into the camera via the dahua config tool. In fact, I was even able to successfully upgrade the camera to a newer firmware (posted by @vector18 several weeks ago) via the config tool...but i still cannot get to the login page via IE or chrome and it will also not stream video to blue iris....

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try deleting your webrec file in program files, try using compatibility mode, make sure video box is checked for sub stream, make sure http and tcp port is what you think it is. Have you tried smart PSS? Have you tried firefox?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will try those suggestions, but the unit just stopped streaming to blue iris in middle of the night...no changes were made...I cannot change the streams because i cant log into the interface...the config tool shows no changes to the ports and i didnt make any...I was always able to log in both via IE and Chrome..

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
If you try all that and clear your cache and it's still MIA, it would seem the image sensor went dead I guess. Where did you buy it from? Have you looked back at recorded footage to see when it dropped out, and what the feed looked like when it did?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also check ip and port settings. I had the same issue after having to hard reset my router. Turned out that my subnet changed and I had to change it in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried everything its not working...really strange..It just went out in middle of the night-i dont have the precise time because its motion activated...all the other cams are fine. Im going to pull it down and see...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well it may yield nothing usable, but every time a camera drops signal I look back and see if there's a clue about how it blinked out, or whatever happened. Good software should allow you to find that moment with relative ease.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris just reports a no signal...I dont know of any software that would provide any more info...I emailed the aliexpress seller Huaben...I have purchased about 20 cams from them and this is my first issue...I will still take the cam down over the weekend when i can get down to the location and test it direct to my laptop..

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your POE switch lit up where the camera installed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the poe is lit...the camera is getting power (ir on) and i can use the configtool on it. I swapped ports with a known good port and still a no go...

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I just mean that no matter what, full time or motion recording, as long as the file hasn't been overwritten, the exact moment of it going off line should be viewable. It's always a good idea to review the footage of when a camera drops off line. It will either show signal loss or worse, tampering or a bat to a camera by an intruder. That's why I chase down the file of the event. In terms of that ability, all platforms should be able to do that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera streams to blue iris. There is no file to examine...there is no way to get any other data from the bvr file other than the fact the the signal was lost. There was no motion captured at that time....I inspected the camera, there is no damage to it.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What happens when you try IE? Does it say page cannot be found or does it get stuck on the log in page?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the little circle on top like its trying to get to the login page but nothing happens...it stays on my homepage

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would, but this is not my system..has indoor cams too, so i cant give access......im going to try and take it down this weekend and get it home...then ill hook it up in my place and we can do teamviewer...thanks for the offer..ill let you know when i get it....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't tried pss (thats the only suggestion of vectors i didnt try, but i dont see it helping because i need to access the cam itself ultimately.)..it wont open the page by right clicking...it goes to the ip address and the default port 80 but nothing happens. There camera is on port 80..I never changed the defaults...the config tool shows port 80 as well. When i change the ip address using the config tool, i can see the change happen and my router pick it up on the new ip address...the cam comes up using advanced ip scanner...that is what so strange about this whole thing...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
by using pss or smart pss, it'll be looking for the TCP port so you might have better luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, i see..i believe the config tool uses the tcp port at 37777 as well so that makes sense. Will pss give me the option to reset the camera to factory? Because even if pss works, that wont help me much unless i can reset it.