Ipc-hdw4421emp-as

g_phill

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received my new Dahua from Aliexpress.

I went for the IPC-HDW4421EMP-AS as it has the built in SD card which I will be using as I don't currently have an NVR.

The camera housing is all metal construction and feels very solid. I had read on here that some similar model Dahua turrets were partially plastic, so was pleasantly surprised.
IMG_1815.JPGIMG_1814.JPG

Inserting the SD card was a mother.. Had to unscrew the camera housing and then unscrew the board with the camera lens attached.
SD card.jpg

The firmware version is slightly newer than my Dahua dome and I noticed the layout on the WebUI is slightly different.
Firmware version.JPG

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you provide a link to the one you purchased?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. I must be doing something wrong on aliexpress because no matter how i search, i can't get this cam to show up.

I just started a thread trying to compare the differences between this cam vs the 4431, which is the one i just got. The base of mine is plastic and the camera ball does not lock securely into place. It doesn't take much effort to rotate the camera in the housing. Is your housing metal and does the camera lock in securely?

Between the two, it appeared the only differences for the 4431 were slightly improved frame rates (which doesn't matter for me because i set it at about 15fps anyway), better compression, and no micro sd slot. Now it appears the construction is different too. I wonder if the overall size is different? If you don't mind taking some measurements, ill do the same as well.

I'm on mobile right now and didnt see anything about free DHL shipping. However, this cam is about $40 more than the 4431.

Edit: switched to desktop view and saw free DHL shipping.

g_phill

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I tighten up the screw at the front, there ain't no moving it at all. Yes the base and housing is all metal. Feels really solid and secure, like to only way to move it would be with a hammer. Happy to take measurements but it's the weekend here and I left it at work! So will be 2 days away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a good design...particularly the SD card slot and audio in a turret format which hikvision does not offer.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's the 4431C-A. Looks like it's the same size. 4 1/8" diameter (the pic looks skewed from the camera angle). The base and housing is plastic. The ball is metal. 20160815_131554.jpg20160815_131240.jpg

g_phill

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow the base looks completely different to mine. I notice yours has a button on the side of the base. I assume this is to make it easier to clip/un-clip the housing into the base.
Mine doesn't have the button and isn't the easiest to to re-attach the housing to the base.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, the button is to help unclip the base. So there may or may not be significant performance differences, but we know between these two, yours is metal w/ a sd card slot and mine is plastic w/out a sd card slot.

The price difference is pretty significant though... approx $110 vs $70.

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just received my new Dahua from Aliexpress.

I went for the IPC-HDW4421EMP-AS as it has the built in SD card which I will be using as I don't currently have an NVR.

The camera housing is all metal construction and feels very solid. I had read on here that some similar model Dahua turrets were partially plastic, so was pleasantly surprised.
View attachment 12413View attachment 12414

Inserting the SD card was a mother.. Had to unscrew the camera housing and then unscrew the board with the camera lens attached.
View attachment 12415

The firmware version is slightly newer than my Dahua dome and I noticed the layout on the WebUI is slightly different.
View attachment 12416

Question did your camera come with NTSC or PAL format? I just bought this very same camera here in Southern California in NTSC format exact same firmware. I'm curious if the aliexpress vendor you noted is a NTSC version as well?

Thanks

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool I have the plastic version $80 version non-SD card one. Are we able to cut off the power cable if we are going to use POE only? Its a pain to gram into the housing since I don't reel it through the entire area I have them.

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That looks very impressive (especially the feature set and the housing)!

My only concern is....what happens if the SD card becomes corrupted/defected? Will it still function (although without local recording)? You eventually will have to unscrew the whole base and then unscrew the whole cam to replace the SD card (which can be annoying if mounted in a difficult position/height).

g_phill

n3wb
Reaction score
That looks very impressive (especially the feature set and the housing)!

My only concern is....what happens if the SD card becomes corrupted/defected? Will it still function (although without local recording)? You eventually will have to unscrew the whole base and then unscrew the whole cam to replace the SD card (which can be annoying if mounted in a difficult position/height).
I assume it will keep working, just untick the option for local recording and choose FTP or NVR etc. I purchased "Samsung 64GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC Card with Adapter up to 48/MB/s" from Amazon. So hopefully it should last a reasonable amount of time.

I admit I am not looking forward to the day when I have to change the SD card in this camera. My other Dahua (dome) will be much easier to change cards on.

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a non-SD version of this one that is still all metal housing? I have the [FONT=&quot]IPC-HDW4431C-A [/FONT]version but I need to replace 4 of them due to lightning killing them along with my 1320S bullets :( I love the audio of the [FONT=&quot]IPC-HDW4431C-A but only the actual camera is metal and not the housing which is kind of flimsy.[/FONT]

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a non-SD version of this one that is still all metal housing? I have the [FONT=&amp]IPC-HDW4431C-A [/FONT]version but I need to replace 4 of them due to lightning killing them along with my 1320S bullets :( I love the audio of the [FONT=&amp]IPC-HDW4431C-A but only the actual camera is metal and not the housing which is kind of flimsy.[/FONT]
Are you in the US on the east coast? The storm we had the other night killed a bunch of electronics in our neighborhood.

I asked an AE seller if they have a metal version of the 4431C-A, but I'm not holding my breath. Thinking I'm going to get a few more 4431C-As, even though they have a plastic housing, because it appears to be the newer "better" version and costs less.

buddythacat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you in the US on the east coast? The storm we had the other night killed a bunch of electronics in our neighborhood.

I asked an AE seller if they have a metal version of the 4431C-A, but I'm not holding my breath. Thinking I'm going to get a few more 4431C-As, even though they have a plastic housing, because it appears to be the newer "better" version and costs less.
No I'm from Texas. We had a typical storm but lightning actually hit my pecan tree in my backyard. Killed 7 of 8 cameras, my poe switch, router, modem, tv, xbox one etc...now all I need to replace is the 7 cameras.