IPC-HDW4431C-A Snapshot and Zoom

GC83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first post in the forum after finding some extremely helpful information here previously. I have a Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A camera and am looking to see if it has the features I need for a project. Basically I am needing the camera to retain a certain amount of zoom when powered on, and need it to automatically take a snapshot when powered on.

The camera will be used outdoors with PoE, and will be on for only 10 minutes each day. During that time, I need it to be automatically zoomed in on a certain spot, take a snapshot, then upload the snapshot to an FTP location within the 10 minutes before being powered down again. I know that the FTP portion is available on the device, but I don't quite see a way to set the zoom or to set it to automatically take snapshots.

Any help or any advice would be greatly appreciated!

GC83

n3wb
Reaction score
So I did find the way to set up a snapshot schedule, so half of this question has been answered. The last is how to permanently set the zoom, if that is even possible.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I did find the way to set up a snapshot schedule, so half of this question has been answered. The last is how to permanently set the zoom, if that is even possible.
This camera doesn’t have zoom.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, unless you are extremely bandwidth-constrained at this location, you should just upload the full frame anyway. Digital zoom is just cropping + stretching.

GC83

n3wb
Reaction score
That was another concern with the digital zoom for me. Sadly the object that needs to be photographed is 40ft away from the location the camera will be in. Looks like I'll be on the hunt for something a little more feature rich.

Thanks guys!