IPC-HDW5231R-ZE factory reset procedure

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Long story short, I had several IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras on my previous network. I moved and upgraded router, APs etc. My address scheme is different than the cameras are currently IP'd for. I didn't think this would be an issue since I was planning on using the IP Config tool. Problem is, the tool sees the cameras but won't accept the login since I used special characters in the admin password. I need to factory reset the cameras so they revert back to 192.168.1.108. How can I do that? Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Long story short, I had several IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras on my previous network. I moved and upgraded router, APs etc. My address scheme is different than the cameras are currently IP'd for. I didn't think this would be an issue since I was planning on using the IP Config tool. Problem is, the tool sees the cameras but won't accept the login since I used special characters in the admin password. I need to factory reset the cameras so they revert back to 192.168.1.108. How can I do that? Thanks!
You are best off either setting your new subnet to match your old one or setting a pc to the same subnet as the cameras and log into them one by one and make changes to the network settings. A reset would require opening the camera.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman. I have opened one of the cameras and don't see a reset button. I don't mind opening them, just need to know how to find the button.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks, I was able to find a laptop and addressed it to the same subnet. Good to go now. Thanks!