IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Motorized Zoom - Help

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently installed a new IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, but the zoom doesn't seem to be working. I think I have it enabled, but it doesn't zoom.

What could be the issue?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you attempting this in the web page for the camera?

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, in Blue Iris.

Edit: I just tried the web page and it does not zoom either.
Edit 2: Oh wait. Yes it does. I just wasn't familiar with the web page.

Still doesn't zoom in Blue Iris though.

Last edited:

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
First, keep in mind that this is a VARIFOCAL and not a zoom camera. It is meant to be set to the need focal length, zoom, at installation and left that way. The mechanism is not meant for regular or constant zoom use.

If it's not working in BI that is probably because the camera type is not properly configured in BI. I have a 5231R-Z, similar camera without extended PoE, and have it configured as the 4431 selection from the Dahua drop down list.

MrN1ce9uy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First, keep in mind that this is a VARIFOCAL and not a zoom camera. It is meant to be set to the need focal length, zoom, at installation and left that way. The mechanism is not meant for regular or constant zoom use.

If it's not working in BI that is probably because the camera type is not properly configured in BI. I have a 5231R-Z, similar camera without extended PoE, and have it configured as the 4431 selection from the Dahua drop down list.
Right, I suppose I could use the web interface to set the zoom/focus initially. I have 2x 2231 cameras that zoom in Blue Iris. This 5231 doesn't want to though.