IPC-HDW5231R-ZE or IPC-HDW5231R-Z

clean

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys does the new camera have any issues ? Andy doesn't have any of the older ones for 2 weeks.

Maybe there's a good reason for that? I thought I read somewhere that the newer one had a few bugs that needed to be worked out ?

Thanks for any advice.

UTmike

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys does the new camera have any issues ? Andy doesn't have any of the older ones for 2 weeks.

Maybe there's a good reason for that? I thought I read somewhere that the newer one had a few bugs that needed to be worked out ?

Thanks for any advice.
I'm also very interested. I ordered one "Z" for testing and just ordered a "ZE" for the front door since it rates higher on the WAF scale. I'm planning on deploying the "Z" to the rest of the house (four more locations) unless the new one is better in some way.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the newer one had a few bugs that needed to be worked out ?
I think the 16.R firmware might have a few bugs to work out, but I think that's what's shipping on both models.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For me there’s no real difference. Depending on the use case the one or the other might fit better for decent mounting. Got five of both.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks for any advice.
Hi Clean,

I actually like the non-E model better ( that is the "mickey mouse" face ) - as there is more of the face protected by the metal case, and that also allows you to paint it to better match your walls if you have issues with the HOA or others complaining about the camera not blending in well.

Also, in one security video capture I watched burglars used a crowbar to hit the face of the security camera, and thus I now strongly feel having a nice solid case with more protection is the smarter way to go.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for any advice.
Seems have some misunderstanding here. Bugs is the firmware, not the exactly camera, the HDW5231R-Z and HDW5231R-ZE they use the same firmware, bugs will be solved after reports to dahua, these 2 models are good models. ;) About stock no worry, will have enough stock next week for the IPC-HDW5231R-Z, ZE right now have enough stock.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any difference in image quality or functionality between the two models? I haven't been able to find a comparison yet.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score