IPC-HDW5231R-ZE unable to control PTZ

Honzo

n3wb
Reaction score
So I received some equipment from a friend and I'm trying to configure a Blue Iris setup and I'm at a loss on this issue I'm trying to resolve...

The cameras are IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, which all my searches turn up to be Dahua cameras... however, they're not branded like the pictures on Dahua's site. Additionally, I'm reading through the operation manual on Dahua's site and the web interface isn't quite the same. Rather than the Dahua logo, I see "IP Camera". So maybe these aren't actually Dahua cameras? Anyone have any idea what these may be?

I'm trying to configure the PTZ in Blue Iris, which based on Dahua's manual, I need to set a PTZ protocol on the web interface.... but I don't appear to have that interface. Any help getting this PTZ set up would be great. I just want to be able to optical zoom my cameras from Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I received some equipment from a friend and I'm trying to configure a Blue Iris setup and I'm at a loss on this issue I'm trying to resolve...

The cameras are IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, which all my searches turn up to be Dahua cameras... however, they're not branded like the pictures on Dahua's site. Additionally, I'm reading through the operation manual on Dahua's site and the web interface isn't quite the same. Rather than the Dahua logo, I see "IP Camera". So maybe these aren't actually Dahua cameras? Anyone have any idea what these may be?

I'm trying to configure the PTZ in Blue Iris, which based on Dahua's manual, I need to set a PTZ protocol on the web interface.... but I don't appear to have that interface. Any help getting this PTZ set up would be great. I just want to be able to optical zoom my cameras from Blue Iris.
They are dahua cameras. They just are not ptz camera. They are varifocal. There are several threads discussing setting up this camera with blue iris for the zoom/varifocal, this is a waste of time and not needed. The varifocal is set from the camera interface at the time of install, its not a setting you would change frequently.