IPC-HDW5442T-ZE New cam from Dahua :)

TexxanST

n3wb
Reaction score
does anyone have recommendations for wall mount/plate ? I have a wall siding which is perpendicular to the road...

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does anyone have the link to the latest FW for this camera ? cheers

edit. found it here from Andy

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But because it is Varifocal, you can use it to zoom, right?
It is a zoom in the sense that you zoom it to the point you are looking to cover, but then it is set it and forget it. You do not constantly change the zoom on a varifocal to try to follow something.

The ability to zoom it in and out on a frequent basis would need to be a PTZ.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
But because it is Varifocal, you can use it to zoom, right?
You zoom it to find the best focal length for the area and then set it and forget it. If u want to be moving and zooming all the time u need to find a ptz camera in your price range.

remsta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you!

Difference question which has me confused, I saw in this thread that there is an 8MP version on the 5442 that is 4k but it has a 2.8" Sensor. Some people were saying that this would lead to less than favorable night time performance. This confuses me because normally the bigger the sensor the more light it can take in therefore the better the nighttime shots, at least it is this way with photography. So why would a 1.8" be better than a 2.8"?

Finally, why would you go for a Bullet camera when a Turret is cleaner and looks less in your face when attached to a ceiling?

Thanks!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
ah - stupid question, thank you. I think I am getting reading fatigue with all the options!
No worries, we’ll keep you on the straight and narrow :) Reach out with any other questions.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, so hard to make the right choice - 5442-ZE, 5442T-ZE, 5442-Z4E etc...
All depends on your install location, overall FOV, distance to target, type of targets you want, need to capture. Need a little extra length with focus further out go for Z4. Alternatively, come to the reality that you will buy more than 1 unit and pickup a couple to start your build out or complement existing. Great cams as are there higher series models

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
What are some of the higher series models worth considering?
7x42s are fantastic but just remember the price increases with that and mounting options are different BUT you do gain features such as Face Recognition and/or ANPR. Great performing cams but if you don’t need those features the 5x42’s are a great option.

remsta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
7x42s are fantastic but just remember the price increases with that and mounting options are different BUT you do gain features such as Face Recognition and/or ANPR. Great performing cams but if you don’t need those features the 5x42’s are a great option.
Thank you!

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 of the IPC-HFW7442H-Z4 4MP
Mini/unfinished review

brausch

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought 5 of these from Andy in late Aug/early Sept. There was some excessive IR that they were going to try to fix via firmware updates...has that been resolved yet? Before I update the firmware, I figured I better check here.

Thanks,

Brian