IPC-HDW5442T-ZE New cam from Dahua :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Could you explain me a difference between IPC-HFW5442E-ZE and IPC-HDW5442T-ZE ?
They have absolutely the same characteristics, but IPC-HFW5442E-ZE belongs to Pro Al Series, but IPC-HDW5442T-ZE to WizMind series.
First one is bullet camera and second one is dome camera.
Actually wizemind is the new series which was released early this year, but the IPC-B5442E-ZE was released in 2019. They are using the same firmware, so you can call the IPC-HFW5442E-ZE a wizemind camera also OK.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As @EMPIRETECANDY said, the Pro AI line was the original one that encapsulated all AI before the Ultra AI was conceived and cams with even richer features were added into that higher line like the 7xxx. Pro AI continues to show some legacy models that as they are not EOL while many cams are now in transition to the wizmind series (and new cams are added specifically to it) as this is a new name Dahua is using for AI. Therefore you’ll notice that 7xxx series, Hunter etc has now moved under Wizmind in its entirety and 5442 vari is there too. In fact not many left in the Ultra AI bucket either. I wouldn’t be surprised if more of the AI cams that are to remain for some time also don’t end up being transitioned.

HTH

Actually wizemind is the new series which was released early this year, but the IPC-B5442E-ZE was released in 2019. They are using the same firmware, so you can call the IPC-HFW5442E-ZE a wizemind camera also OK.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As @EMPIRETECANDY said, to use so advanced features of this cam (as facial recognition), you need to use AI (I series) NVR.
Just got mine two days ago from Andy. ordered 4X5442T-ZE , 4X 5442E-ZE (the bullet) and 5216-16P-I
BTW, it all left Andy's hands on Friday afternoon and I had my hands on it on Tuesday morning VIA DHL pretty amazing.
THANK YOU ANDY.

It'll take me some time to update you guys about the performance but I would.
Also, I'm still waiting for some installation parts (those do not come within 72h).
I expect my update to be interesting because I'm trying to use those FD cams for FR. Not sure if I wasn't aiming to high but we'll all know in a short time.
So far, I was testing two cams only (one of each) and the tests are all indoors (not too relevant test).

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the IR light on full (for my other camera) and keep it on Colour mode when at night?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The -I series allows on NVR FR processing of 4x FD cams. In other words applied Face recognition processing to cams that don’t natively support it by processing AI against the stream. In the regular NVR (no -I) AI is supported but only if supported by the cam. I.e If ANPR is supported by cam then supported by NVR, if Face Recognition supported by cam then supported by NVR. The regular NVR cannot apply AI processing on stream to turn an FD (Face Detection) stream into Face Recognition results.

HTH

Hi,
I use the NVR5216-16P-4KS2E model .
What is difference between NVR5216-16P-I and NVR5216-16P-4KS2E ?
Can I use it with AI cameras also?

toshrick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wildcat_1,

I'm ordering a NVR5216-16P-I from Andy, do you have a recommendation for hard drives?
thanks

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bugger would be nice to be able to just use it as a flood light while in colour mode for the other cameras that cross into it.
(As the Ir floods the image on the bw)

hopefully fixed with the latest firmware?

Shotglasspeppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed so far with the image quality. The varifocal does cost more but imo is worth it. I still have some reading and tweaking to do but here's a quick screen shot of my first install. I had it forced into colour mode last night as I wanted to see if my potlights would provide enough light for good video. 20200715_234618.png20200715_180749.jpg20200715_204510.jpg

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm pretty impressed so far with the image quality. The varifocal does cost more but imo is worth it. I still have some reading and tweaking to do but here's a quick screen shot of my first install. I had it forced into colour mode last night as I wanted to see if my potlights would provide enough light for good video. View attachment 66481View attachment 66482View attachment 66483
Make sure you go out there at night and walk around your vehicles and see how it records.

Shotglasspeppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you go out there at night and walk around your vehicles and see how it records.
That's the plan tomorrow night and over the weekend. I literally just got it installed last night then set up BI. I'm new to all of this so I have a bunch of reading and tweaking to do.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The -I series allows on NVR FR processing of 4x FD cams. In other words applied Face recognition processing to cams that don’t natively support it by processing AI against the stream. In the regular NVR (no -I) AI is supported but only if supported by the cam. I.e If ANPR is supported by cam then supported by NVR, if Face Recognition supported by cam then supported by NVR. The regular NVR cannot apply AI processing on stream to turn an FD (Face Detection) stream into Face Recognition results.

HTH
Some guys asked about the SMD questions on the NVR, here is the difference on these 2 models.
NVR4216-16P-I
NVR5216-16P-I
1594949332770.png