IPC-HFW2325S-W Power Supply?

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am trying to slowly get into this "hobby" if you will and am stepping up from Foscam/Amcrest to my first Dahua camera. I didn't realize they wouldn't come with a power supply. What power supply do I order for a single exterior camera?

I did a quick search on Aliexpress and the plugs all seem like Euro style, not US style. I also searched the forum and save for a few threads that quickly got side tracked, I didn't see a link to a product or straight forward answer. I would really appreciate a suggestion here. Thanks in advance!

* I know POE is preferred for power and wired Ethernet, I am not able to do that at this time.
* I know wifi is garbage, but please let me slowly get into a good install over time, not all at once.

Have mercy on the newbie here!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to slowly get into this "hobby" if you will and am stepping up from Foscam/Amcrest to my first Dahua camera. I didn't realize they wouldn't come with a power supply. What power supply do I order for a single exterior camera?

I did a quick search on Aliexpress and the plugs all seem like Euro style, not US style. I also searched the forum and save for a few threads that quickly got side tracked, I didn't see a link to a product or straight forward answer. I would really appreciate a suggestion here. Thanks in advance!

* I know POE is preferred for power and wired Ethernet, I am not able to do that at this time.
* I know wifi is garbage, but please let me slowly get into a good install over time, not all at once.

Have mercy on the newbie here!
Next time buy a camera that supports poe...you can turn any camera into wifi for 10 bux using a bridge...now you are stuck with a camera that is china region and not firmware upgradable.
this will work
Amazon.com : CMVision UL Listed Regulated Power Adapter, 12VDC, 1Amp for Camera, LED Light, IR Illuminator : Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Next time buy a camera that supports poe...you can turn any camera into wifi for 10 bux using a bridge...now you are stuck with a camera that is china region and not firmware upgradable.
this will work
Amazon.com : CMVision UL Listed Regulated Power Adapter, 12VDC, 1Amp for Camera, LED Light, IR Illuminator : Camera & Photo
Thanks for the suggestion. The product description on AliExpress says English firmware and has screenshots of the web UI in English. I guess I will find out on Saturday when these power supplies show up. Thanks again.

BTW - what is your recommendation for POE camera, wifi Bridge that compares for this price?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. The product description on AliExpress says English firmware and has screenshots of the web UI in English. I guess I will find out on Saturday when these power supplies show up. Thanks again.

BTW - what is your recommendation for POE camera, wifi Bridge that compares for this price?
English firmware that is hacked on to a china camera...you will not be able to upgrade....how much did you pay for this cam?

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
$62 - don't make me feel bad lol.

Teach me your ways wise one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
$62 - don't make me feel bad lol.

Teach me your ways wise one.
You will find that if you try to save a few dollars it will bite you in the ass really fast.
1) dont buy bullets with the ir leds around the lens...spiders. Buy turrets.
2) DONT USE WIFI, you need to bring a wire to the camera. If you are lazy and insist on wifi, then you must buy a camera with an SD card slot.
3) dont buy hacked chinese region cameras...there are all sorts of issues.
There are a bunch of dahua international cams available for about 100...any old router can be used as a bridge...mini travel routers are about 15 bux new..less used.
if using outdoors in low light spend extra on a dahua starlight camera that has superior night vision.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. I am sure I will eventually see the wisdom in your post here. I am not there yet, admittedly. I understand the spend money where it counts mantra, I do that in other hobbies. This isn't for a sensitive real time monitoring security situation. It is currently just a toy my wife is letting me spend some money on. Hopefully not being able to upgrade the firmware doesn't make the camera useless. I also have an IPC-HFW1320S-W also already en route. Probably same boat there.

Gotta be a step up over my junky Foscam FI9821P.'

Thanks again for the chat.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am sure I will eventually see the wisdom in your post here. I am not there yet, admittedly. I understand the spend money where it counts mantra, I do that in other hobbies. This isn't for a sensitive real time monitoring security situation. It is currently just a toy my wife is letting me spend some money on. Hopefully not being able to upgrade the firmware doesn't make the camera useless. I also have an IPC-HFW1320S-W also already en route. Probably same boat there.

Gotta be a step up over my junky Foscam FI9821P.'

Thanks again for the chat.
Why replace junk with more junk...spend a bit more for an exceptional camera...one good camera is better than 2 shitty ones.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why replace junk with more junk...spend a bit more for an exceptional camera...one good camera is better than 2 shitty ones.
LOL, it was because it was ordered 7 days ago before I posted this thread! Lesson learned. Now I have three shitty cameras! Is there a sticky thread with the current model numbers of good turrets to look at?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, it was because it was ordered 7 days ago before I posted this thread! Lesson learned. Now I have three shitty cameras! Is there a sticky thread with the current model numbers of good turrets to look at?
See the dahua starlight threads...there is a fixed and varifocal version.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok great. Once I get sick of these, I know where to go. Really do appreciate you talking this newbie through it. Have a good night.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got the Amazon power supplies (thanks for the product suggestion) and got the IPC-HFW2325S-W setup last night. I have it on Wifi in my garage for some burn-in. It seems less sharp then the Amcrest PTZ it is sitting next to.

The setup software is nearly identical to the Amcrest software, just with different logos, but without the convenience of using the app to setup it up directly via wifi. Need an Ethernet cable to a switch or router first, then get it switched to wifi.

Overall, I think due to its weatherproof ratings, I will get some use out of this camera and likely the other that I purchased (IPC-HFW1320S-W), but eventually will get a starlight or two (and probably run an Ethernet cable!).

Attachments

RadOD

n3wb
Reaction score
this will work

Mind telling how to do this for $10!?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mind telling how to do this for $10!?
almost any wifi router can act as a wifi bridge...its easy to find a used router for 10 or a new one on sale...
google wifi bridge for a how to.

RadOD

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I was looking for an outdoor wifi bridge. Not for that price. Oh well...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Your supplier should offer you such adapter, normally we put power adapters for non-poe cams, acutally dahua most wifi cams are not POE ones.