IPC-HFW4231E-SE Opinions?

strathglass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't see any reviews on this mini-bullet model - IPC-HFW4231E-SE, but the performance specs seem very similar to the excellent turret model I have been using lately - IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (very slightly less light sensitivity and fixed focal length lens).

Anyone have one who can confirm it is pretty similar in image quality to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?
And is this model, IPC-HFW4231E-SE, superseded by anything newer/better?

I wanted something a little smaller for a more discreet installation in a brick light pedestal at the end of the driveway. I got a price from Andy, and it is certainly cheaper than my turret model.

Or is it worth it to go for a larger camera size and get bullet equivalent of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? (What IS the model of the closest bullet equivalent to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't see any reviews on this mini-bullet model - IPC-HFW4231E-SE, but the performance specs seem very similar to the excellent turret model I have been using lately - IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (very slightly less light sensitivity and fixed focal length lens).

Anyone have one who can confirm it is pretty similar in image quality to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?
And is this model, IPC-HFW4231E-SE, superseded by anything newer/better?

I wanted something a little smaller for a more discreet installation in a brick light pedestal at the end of the driveway. I got a price from Andy, and it is certainly cheaper than my turret model.

Or is it worth it to go for a larger camera size and get bullet equivalent of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE? (What IS the model of the closest bullet equivalent to the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE?
There is a 4231 fixed turret as well.
There are also new 4mp 1/1.8" sensor cameras with IR or white led that are small. See the threads discussing them.