IPC-HFW4300R-Z support for zoom and focus?

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I picked up a few IPC-HFW4300R-Z. They are motorized vari focal. Video works in blue iris when I choose hfw2320r however I don't have access to the zoom functions. Not a big deal cause I will normally set it through the cam and leave it alone but I was wondering if any support is planned in BI?

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I picked up a few IPC-HFW4300R-Z. They are motorized vari focal. Video works in blue iris when I choose hfw2320r however I don't have access to the zoom functions. Not a big deal cause I will normally set it through the cam and leave it alone but I was wondering if any support is planned in BI?

thanks
You would need to contact support.
Have you tried using the 2300z option?
Or, do a find inspect and choose onvif in the ptz tab.

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I found the ptz tab and enabled control. Sorry that was user error on my part. Now it attempts to zoom but then stays where its at. When I log in the cam directly there is a slider and you have to drag it over swiftly to zoom in/out and wait for it to finish before making another change. When trying to adjust with the buttons and not the slider it does the same thing as in BI. So I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed or maybe its something obvious I'm over looking. This is my first adjustable cam. Maybe I will try contacting support.

tried 2300z but no video.

thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I found the ptz tab and enabled control. Sorry that was user error on my part. Now it attempts to zoom but then stays where its at. When I log in the cam directly there is a slider and you have to drag it over swiftly to zoom in/out and wait for it to finish before making another change. When trying to adjust with the buttons and not the slider it does the same thing as in BI. So I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed or maybe its something obvious I'm over looking. This is my first adjustable cam. Maybe I will try contacting support.

tried 2300z but no video.

thanks again
If the camera interface is doing the same thing I dont think it can be resolved in BI..