IPC-HFW4300S help

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
First off I am new here and new to IP cameras as well I am somewhat tech savvy, but can not figure out what I am doing. I have 4 of the above mentioned Dahua security cameras with Eyesurv ION 8 channel NVR. I also have a tp-link 8 port POE switch. I have the NVR connected to the Switch as well as running my network cable to a port on the switch. And have one have camera connected to it now since i have read they all have the same IP address out of the box. The NVR is connected to the network, but when I search for the cameras it cant find them. I tried using a IP camera finder software from my laptop to search for them, but that doesn't show it. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it could be. If i could get some help, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you

Switch: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Camera: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2VSTG2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

NVR: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJHI9UM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s06

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First off I am new here and new to IP cameras as well I am somewhat tech savvy, but can not figure out what I am doing. I have 4 of the above mentioned Dahua security cameras with Eyesurv ION 8 channel NVR. I also have a tp-link 8 port POE switch. I have the NVR connected to the Switch as well as running my network cable to a port on the switch. And have one have camera connected to it now since i have read they all have the same IP address out of the box. The NVR is connected to the network, but when I search for the cameras it cant find them. I tried using a IP camera finder software from my laptop to search for them, but that doesn't show it. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it could be. If i could get some help, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you

Switch: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Camera: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2VSTG2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01

NVR: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FJHI9UM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s06
Welcome to the forum. The default ip address for the dahua should be 192.168.1.108.. what is the ip address of your router?
If your router is on a different subnet you wont see it..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I got as far as finding what the ip address for the Dahua is.The original router setting was 10.0.0.1 but I changed it to 192.168.1.1 and my subnet is 255.255.255.0

Thanks for the reply

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got as far as finding what the ip address for the Dahua is.The original router setting was 10.0.0.1 but I changed it to 192.168.1.1 and my subnet is 255.255.255.0

Thanks for the reply
Can you log into the camera now?

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure how to connect to it from my pc. Right now I have the camera connected to the Poe switch which is connect to my network and nvr.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure how to connect to it from my pc. Right now I have the camera connected to the Poe switch which is connect to my network and nvr.
If the poe switch is connected to your network you should be able to login to the camera using 192.168.1.108 (as long as your router ip address is 192.168.1.1)...

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
If the poe switch is connected to your network you should be able to login to the camera using 192.168.1.108 (as long as your router ip address is 192.168.1.1)...
My router is 192.168.1.1 and I have tried doing that but the connection times out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My router is 192.168.1.1 and I have tried doing that but the connection times out.
First make sure no other device is assigned 192.168.1.108 by your router..otherwise the camera will not connect..
This might sound like a silly question, but is the camera getting power? can you see the IR lights turn on in the dark?

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
First make sure no other device is assigned 192.168.1.108 by your router..otherwise the camera will not connect..
This might sound like a silly question, but is the camera getting power? can you see the IR lights turn on in the dark?
I have the router only assign up to 100 so no other device has that ip. I'll have to check when I get off work on the morning. I can say though the switch looks to be sending power since the front panel of the switch shows which ports it's sending power to.

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just one plugged in. The IR works, so its getting power. I assigned the IP to my router and then searched using the IP scanner from Vector and it shows up as 192.168.1.10 I can also log into the camera using that IP address. I can only get it to work on a short cable and not the actual wire run to where it will be mounted. It IR works there too though, so i am not sure whats wrong. The setup shows that it is configured for DHCP. I have taken one down and plugged it with a short cable and it will show up on the IP scanner and my router and I can access it. But when I plug it into the actual cable for where it will be mounted it doesn't show up. theres IR light on the wire, but will not show up on scanner or Router.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You probably have theh color code wrong. You can have the power wires right, but the data wires wrong. Check your connectors, check your wiring, do a cat5 test if you have a tester. Also, when you connect with the short cable and access the camera, assign it a static IP so you don't have to search for it when you use the long wire.

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I double checked the wires, and even re terminated them. They are wired right and I just did a network cable test and it came back good, as in all 8 wires were green.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Plug that wire in your switch with your router in the switch also. Plug a laptop into where the camera goes and see if you have internet.

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
Plug that wire in your switch with your router in the switch also. Plug a laptop into where the camera goes and see if you have internet.
Nothing happens. The switch doens't even acknowledge that its plugged in.

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I re ran a cable and it works. I don't know why the other wire didn't work. I just started trying to get one of the outside ones to work and the Switch isn't acknowledging that its plugged in...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I re ran a cable and it works. I don't know why the other wire didn't work. I just started trying to get one of the outside ones to work and the Switch isn't acknowledging that its plugged in...
Are you utilizing T-568B or A wiring protocols?
What brand of cable are you using? is it Copper clad aluminium?
How long is your run?

ryangsams

n3wb
Reaction score
I am utilizing T-568B
I am going to say that its Copper clad aluminum. The brand is Fosmon which i got on Amazon. The first and 2nd run is from the same bulk cable. The run is about 100 feet.
I just purchased 2 100ft runs from RCA that I am going to test with the other cameras tomorrow.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am utilizing T-568B
I am going to say that its Copper clad aluminum. The brand is Fosmon which i got on Amazon. The first and 2nd run is from the same bulk cable. The run is about 100 feet.
I just purchased 2 100ft runs from RCA that I am going to test with the other cameras tomorrow.
If it's CCA that's your problem.. Don't use it...

Sent via Taptalk