Ipc-hfw4300s v2 vs ipc-hfw4300s

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What is the difference between the Dahua IPC-HFW4300S V2 and the Dahua VS IPC-HFW4300S ?

What is the difference with V2?

Thanks!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where do you see these two cameras listed?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't see model numbers on either one of those cameras or anywhere in the picture? And one says eco savy and the other one does not. One looks like dahua, and the other one almost doesn't.
Could you post something that shows these two different model numbers that your asking about?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks like the same pic you posted before but all of a sudden the model number is there? Where are you getting these pics? An actual link to the actual post would have been nice. But, besides all of that, it's probably just two different sellers and one put the V2 there and one did not. It's not like your seeing these two models in the Dahua website with two cameras that look exactly the same with the same specs. I wouldn't worry about it, just buy the cheaper one if your looking to save.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer, the Ipc-hfw4300s v2 has a POE box mounted on cable whereas Ipc-hfw4300s does not.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've never seen a dahua IP camera without the keystone jack on the end of the wire. I find that hard to believe, unless they are cutting it off and charging less for it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never seen a dahua IP camera without the keystone jack on the end of the wire. I find that hard to believe, unless they are cutting it off and charging less for it?
I think he means that the camera has that bulky POE box on the cable.....not the ethernet jack but a separate poe box that is on the cable a few inches up from the ethernet connection...

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the camera V2 of it with the POE box, why are people doubting the existence of the Ipc-hfw4300s v2 unless it goes under another model number?

Attachments

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just do not understand what the enclosure is for, you still have the ethernet jack and power connect coming out from it.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That box is the POE part. You can use that camera if you plug it into a plain switch rather than a POE switch. You still need an ethernet jack for connectivity though.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm surprised this model Ipc-hfw4300s v2 is not known. Glad though I was not imagining things.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, they're not listed in the manufacturers website, so I don't know. Could it be possible the distributor puts these little boxes on the camera and adds a V2 to the model number?

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My distributor says it also uses inferior signal processing, a stripped down version where blacks come across as blues.

He also said this when I switched to the Aptima processor, which I now love as its contrast and crispness is very nice IMHO.

I'd love another image of the "box" on that cable too.

I'm going to be trying out the 5mp and 4k cameras sometime soon. Love Dahua quality. I don't know if there is better, can't imagine how.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's confusing how he's claiming its a different signal processor on the camera just for having a built in poe adaptor? Something is very fishy there. I would stay away from that camera like its the plague. On another note, I have a 4k bullet with IR for sale pretty reasonable if you want it to test out. You can view and record it on any Dahua nvr, just not in 4k.