Ipc HFW5231E-z5

Curt

n3wb
Reaction score
i have this wonderful camera I have an issue I need help on . I have the camera set on colorful and at night it does well. As the night changes from night to day the screen turns white and stays that way untill I reset the nvr. Then it returns to a working picture

AndrewUrb

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras do that when the shutter speed/iris are set manually at night for a better image. If it doesn't switch back to day specs the image goes "white" from too much light hitting the CCD.

Curt

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks . I don't see that in the options offered at the NVR level. I'll look that up.
Im going to get it's big brother from empire.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks . I don't see that in the options offered at the NVR level. I'll look that up.
Im going to get it's big brother from empire.
The Z5 model we have enough stock ,right now the Z12 too lack of stock, i am chasing on it.

Curt

n3wb
Reaction score
I fixed the problem.i moved the decode buffer to realtime from default. Thanks for everyone's help.

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
I fixed the problem.i moved the decode buffer to realtime from default. Thanks for everyone's help.
Hi @Curt. I'm having exactly the same issue as yours. But would you please explain what you mean by "moving the decode buffer" please, as I can't seem to find a setting like that in Device Config? I am using SmartPSS and Easy Viewer. Would really appreciate your help on this as I am about to leave on holiday, and the only way I have found of resetting the camera is by physically unplugging the PoE/Cat6 cable connector at the camera for a few seconds before reconnecting, and the picture reappears as normal again.

Hope you can help.
Thanks
Nigel

Curt

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a dahau nvr.in main menu settings go to camera. Then remote , added device ( mine is at the 2 nd half of screen . Find your camera in added device , hit modify. Then find decode buffer and move it to real time. Hope this works for you had a problem since.

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a dahau nvr.in main menu settings go to camera. Then remote , added device ( mine is at the 2 nd half of screen . Find your camera in added device , hit modify. Then find decode buffer and move it to real time. Hope this works for you had a problem since.
Hi there Curt, and thanks so much for kindly replying.

I also have a Dahua NVR, but I think you must have a direct hookup to the NVR hardware itself as I don't recognise some of the settings labels you have quoted. However, you provided me with enough info to be able to find the relevant section using my Easy Viewer for Chrome browser plug-in app. In case anyone else is having the same issues, I'll repeat the steps I took below, together with a screen grab:

Select SETUP tab; Choose REGISTRATION; go down to the device listing in 2nd half and select the pencil icon (not shown in screen grab as it is obscured by the Modify pop-up); then select the Decode Buffer drop-down to reveal Default/Real time/Fluent options. Mine was on Default setting, so have now changed it to Real time, as per Curt's suggestion. Fingers crossed!

upload_2017-7-20_7-48-7.png

PS. I also tried doing the same thing using the SmartPSS software, but could not for the life of me find anything to modify the DECODE BUFFER. All the other settings in the Modify panel above were available in the Device Config/Camera/Remote tab, but not that one! I looked all over the place, but simply had to give up. If anyone knows where it can be found, I would appreciate the heads up! But at least I was able to use the Chrome browser Easy Viewer plug-in instead.

Nigel

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did it workp for you? Thanks Curt
I won'y know until tomorrow morning, Curt. It usually whites-out during the early hours around dawn. I'll post back tomorrow with an update, hopefully!
Nigel

Last edited:

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I won'y know until tomorrow morning, Curt. It usually whites-out during the early hours around dawn. I'll post back tomorrow with an update, hopefully!
Nigel
UPDATE: Curt, I haven't had another white-out issue, although I'm faced with another problem which has become apparent over the last 2 evenings. Whenever I change the BLC Mode (Setup/Image) during the very late hours (2230 - 2300hrs approx as we are in Summer with late evening daylight hours here in UK), I notice that within about half an hour or so, my streaming images start freezing/stuttering intermittently, as can be seen by the erratic behaviour of the time clock in the top right of the screen, and I also have difficulty accessing other settings in the NVR, as if the processor is being overloaded. Also, I don't think it records any IVS events on my tripwires, although I may just be experiencing very low footfall at the time. However, the problem immediately corrects itself when I do a power cycle on the camera. (Not ideal!)

Tonight, I have left all the Image settings unchanged from during the day, and so far, haven't experienced any freezing. I'll see what the morning brings, but I think the camera may have a problem dealing with the change in lighting conditions whilst in 'Colorful' mode. Have you had this issue?

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
8<
Tonight, I have left all the Image settings unchanged from during the day, and so far, haven't experienced any freezing. I'll see what the morning brings, but I think the camera may have a problem dealing with the change in lighting conditions whilst in 'Colorful' mode.
Just had my first 24 hours of problem free recording! A bit soon to be 100%, but it does look like the camera doesn't like having it's backlight compensation levels (BLC) fiddled around with in adverse lighting conditions when set in 'Colorful' mode. So, the moral of my story is that I should always carry out a camera power cycle after making any such changes in future.

Last edited: