IPC-HFW8232E-Z motion blur and Amazon Guy

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cam is currently on a test rig, but I'm pretty happy with location. Thinking height is good as well.

However, there is some blur on the Amazon guy who walks up the path. When the motion slows, it seems like I should have enough pixels...

Right now it's all default Exposure settings... Exposure is just 'Auto'. Backlight is SSA, and using SmartIR.

Any recommendations from experience as to the shutter speed I'd need to get some clearer images of someone walking at night?

And.... I saw the Amazon guy take a picture of the package on my doorstep.... proof he delivered? Never saw that before...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cam is currently on a test rig, but I'm pretty happy with location. Thinking height is good as well.

However, there is some blur on the Amazon guy who walks up the path. When the motion slows, it seems like I should have enough pixels...

Right now it's all default Exposure settings... Exposure is just 'Auto'. Backlight is SSA, and using SmartIR.

Any recommendations from experience as to the shutter speed I'd need to get some clearer images of someone walking at night?

And.... I saw the Amazon guy take a picture of the package on my doorstep.... proof he delivered? Never saw that before...

do you have the noise reduction set to default? sometimes NR set too high causes blur, smudges or trailing...
if that is not it, try increasing the exposure...

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
3D NR at 50. I saw some other thread said to "keep it under 50" so I hadn't played with that yet too much, since even a setting of 40 really craps out the video at night in the darker areas.

BI_Exposure_NR_Setting.jpg

For shutter speed (and then increase gain I suppose)... 1/100 I'd think should be enough? Thoughts?

I will certainly do some trial and error testing, but wondering if anyone has already solved it

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the camera outside or inside on your test rig? Looks sort of like a reflection.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea I saw that. It is outside. The reflective gear the guy was wearing created that reflection on the glass in front of the lens I think.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Move the cams view so the porch lights are not in direct view, this affects exposure.
Set the NR to as low as you can stand it.
Those reflective strips play havoc with cams.
The white post's also will reflect some IR back, and cause a little problem with exposure.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Get out there at night and get some test video of yourself without the reflective stripes on a vest and I'm guessing it will improve a bunch.

Also per above, DNR and WDR both introduce blur at night.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera has SSA. Seems to work great at night. I’ll turn it off (don’t want to it really helps with night vision) to see if blue is reduced.

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera has SSA. Seems to work great at night. I’ll turn it off (don’t want to it really helps with night vision) to see if blur is reduced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw the Amazon guy take a picture of the package on my doorstep.... proof he delivered? Never saw that before...
Amazon has new rules for 3rd part delivery services they have and are rolling out. This is one of them. The pic is actually taken inside the Amazon Delivery application they use. They are required to have an Android based phone for the current generation app. The pic also contains the GPS meta data which the app pulls to confirm delivery at the proper address.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
What a world we live in, sad it has to come down to this.

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazon has new rules for 3rd part delivery services they have and are rolling out. This is one of them. The pic is actually taken inside the Amazon Delivery application they use. They are required to have an Android based phone for the current generation app. The pic also contains the GPS meta data which the app pulls to confirm delivery at the proper address.
Actually, photo confirmation will become standard for all deliveries regardless of carrier. (I work in this industry)

Also, for scammers falsely reporting short/incorrect shipments, photos of the package contents just before the package is sealed are already stored internally. Customer facing proof is provided on an as-needed basic.

A picture is worth a 1000 words. Particularly in court.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
I do Amazon deliveries. This is a "white van" guy. Company Amazon contracts. I do Amazon Flex meaning I use my own vehicle blah blah blah. The app routes you to the address. You press that you are at the address. You scan the code on the package. You select where you are delivering it. To person, to front porch, mailroom etc. If porch it has you take a pic. It is not proof that you delivered the package. It is used when the customer calls and says they cannot find it.