Ipc-hfw8232e-z

Heire

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've been around on the forums for some time but never really took the time to buy me some cameras till now
In my profession i work a lot with cameras but more with a-brands, although I've been working with some hikvision and dahua cameras but in lesser matter.
So I've always been working and promoting starlight type cameras till I figured its time for myself.

So I bought the 8232 camera from Andy and got it pretty fast which I can only promote
I saw some pictures comparison regarding the ssa functionality. However I personally don't see any difference with it. I've put it on and off but nothing, all the others like blc, hlc work as expected. So I'm wondering if there is something im missing.

General config:
H264H, no smart codec, 25fps, 6144 bit rate
No sharpness or 3dnr and exposure on shutter priority with custom range.
Version:
System Version2.622.0000001.15.R, Build Date: 2017-11-06
WEB VersionV3.2.1.513437
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.1.510971)
I can't find on the internet any firmware with that version so not sure if that's related as I can't verify it. I assume Andy got a recent firmware available.

Anyone got an idea or share some insight with it?
What do people use as IR setting?

Regards,

Heire

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That firmware should show up soon on the Dahua sites. Most of the cams Andy gets are fresh off the line.

I don't know anything about the SSA feature.

SmartIR is typically the choice. But your situation can dictate what works for you.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From Dahua's site: "Dahua’s Smart Scene Adaptive (SSA) technology automatically evaluates and compensates for lighting changes. SSA regulates exposure and improves image quality in backlit environments, especially in scenes with traffic lights or headlights."

Hawk1891

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've been around on the forums for some time but never really took the time to buy me some cameras till now
In my profession i work a lot with cameras but more with a-brands, although I've been working with some hikvision and dahua cameras but in lesser matter.
So I've always been working and promoting starlight type cameras till I figured its time for myself.

So I bought the 8232 camera from Andy and got it pretty fast which I can only promote
I saw some pictures comparison regarding the ssa functionality. However I personally don't see any difference with it. I've put it on and off but nothing, all the others like blc, hlc work as expected. So I'm wondering if there is something im missing.

General config:
H264H, no smart codec, 25fps, 6144 bit rate
No sharpness or 3dnr and exposure on shutter priority with custom range.
Version:
System Version2.622.0000001.15.R, Build Date: 2017-11-06
WEB VersionV3.2.1.513437
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.1.510971)
I can't find on the internet any firmware with that version so not sure if that's related as I can't verify it. I assume Andy got a recent firmware available.

Anyone got an idea or share some insight with it?
What do people use as IR setting?

Regards,

Heire
Just curious, were you able to update the firmware on your 8232?