IPC-T2431T-AS loryta camera from andy having issued being recognized by my NVR.

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
To preface, I've bought all my newest cameras from Andy and this has been the only issue I've had so far. I apologize if this post is a bit wordy but wanted to give an accurate sequence of events.
I have emailed Andy but I'm leaving on vacation in a day and was wonduring if anyone knew anything that could get it going prior to then.

I have a NV4108E POE NVR and I just bought this camera a few days ago. I plugged this camera into the the nvr indoors and it doesn't recognize anything is there. I am unable to log into the camera through the NVR web interface. The last few cameras i bought about two years ago I was able to do this to initialize them and change password at startup but now it's just not recognizing anything is there, nothing populates.

I was finally able to get the nvr to recognize the new camera. I took an old amcrest bullet cam that worked previously and hooked it into the POE port I was going to use, mainly to check to make sure the port and cable was working. It recognized it within a minute and I logged into it no problem. Then I plugged the new camera in and nothing happened. I restarted the nvr and nothing. I left it plugged in and eventually after a couple hours I noticed the infrared light was on so I checked the nvr and it still wasn't being recognized.
I left it plugged in overnight and in the morning it showed a password error. It was populated in the list so I tried to log into the nvr web interface to verify and I was finally able to initialize the camera There.
Camera was working fine. I unplugged to mount it outside and when I plugged it in it wouldn't populate in the list again.
I then brought it back inside and used the same patch cord again to plug it in and it still wouldn't populate in the list.
I took the bullet cam and plugged it into the same port and it populated within a minute and was working fine. Tried the new camera and nvr still doesn't recognize it.

I havent experienced this sort of issue before. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm leaving for an 8 day vacation in a day and would like to get it going before then.

Thank you in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would try 3 factory resets on the camera. It sounds like maybe something wonky in the firmware and not seeing the IP.

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try 3 factory resets on the camera. It sounds like maybe something wonky in the firmware and not seeing the IP.
Does it need to be plugged in to do a reset? Or just hold it for 15 seconds regardless of its powered or not?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It needs to be powered.

My neighbor had a similar issue to yours recently with a new 5442 and the reset fixed it. Fingers crossed!

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you!. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get out of work. Appreciate the insight as I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to ip addresses, subsets, etc...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it need to be plugged in to do a reset? Or just hold it for 15 seconds regardless of its powered or not?
While the camera is powered on hold the rest button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 5 min before resetting again.

It the camera has a door / panel that opens for easy access to the micro sd card, the reset button should be located there. If it doesn't have a door for the sd card, you'll have to open the two halves of the camera to locate the reset button.

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
While the camera is powered on hold the rest button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 5 min before resetting again.

It the camera has a door / panel that opens for easy access to the micro sd card, the reset button should be located there. If it doesn't have a door for the sd card, you'll have to open the two halves of the camera to locate the reset button.
I assume it will have power when plugged in but minus seeing the red infrared light how can one verify?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume it will have power when plugged in but minus seeing the red infrared light how can one verify?
Link lights on your PoE switch / NVR (if it has them). On most cameras, you'll hear the IR cut filter click on power up within 60 seconds of when power is applied (it varies how quickly cameras take to fully boot up). Many cameras also briefly turn on their IR / visible light during power up. After a few minutes plugged in it may also feel slightly warm to the touch.

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
Link lights on your PoE switch / NVR (if it has them). On most cameras, you'll hear the IR cut filter click on power up within 60 seconds of when power is applied (it varies how quickly cameras take to fully boot up). Many cameras also briefly turn on their IR / visible light during power up. After a few minutes plugged in it may also feel slightly warm to the touch.
I'll listen for the click. My nvr doesn't have link lights nor can I see the infrared come on except the once.
Good ideas all around.
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score

Ok, so when I got home(camera indoors on table plugged in) the infrared light was on. Viewed the nvr populated list and camera was not detected. Did the 3 resets and waited about an hour. Red light was on and the camera was detected by the nvr.
Logged into nvr web interface to initialize camera. All went well. Everything was showing on the screen. Decided to try to unplug and plug back in to see if it populated and it did not get detected by nvr.
I had the laptop still open to the web interface and the camera refreshed no issues there. But now that laptop is closed I am unable to access the camera again.
Tried unplugging ethernet a couple more times to no avail.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so when I got home(camera indoors on table plugged in) the infrared light was on. Viewed the nvr populated list and camera was not detected. Did the 3 resets and waited about an hour. Red light was on and the camera was detected by the nvr.
Logged into nvr web interface to initialize camera. All went well. Everything was showing on the screen. Decided to try to unplug and plug back in to see if it populated and it did not get detected by nvr.
I had the laptop still open to the web interface and the camera refreshed no issues there. But now that laptop is closed I am unable to access the camera again.
Tried unplugging ethernet a couple more times to no avail.
So, if you're trying to set up a Dahua camera (or some other brand made by them) on a Dahua NVR you should do a factory reset and then plug the camera into the NVR without initializing it via the web interface / config tool first.
Please try another factory reset and then simply plug the camera directly into one of the NVR's PoE ports.

elkypro

n3wb
Reaction score
So, if you're trying to set up a Dahua camera (or some other brand made by them) on a Dahua NVR you should do a factory reset and then plug the camera into the NVR without initializing it via the web interface / config tool first.
Please try another factory reset and then simply plug the camera directly into one of the NVR's PoE ports.
Yes, both the camera and nvr are re-branded dahua.

What I've been doing is plugging it into the nvr port to provide power then resetting it.
I left the camera on all night and this morning the light was on. I reset it and heard the click right away. Still plugged in the nvr doesn't pick it up. Just stays blank. The camera does get warm though.
I then unplugged from nvr and plugged into a poe Injector. I reset it then plugged into nvr. The nvr picked it up pretty quickly but just said it needed configuration. Good sign I thought. Unplugged from.nvr for a minute then plugged back in and nvr would not find it. Tried resetting again and nvr didn't pick it up.
I did not initialize it this round.