IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay well that was a bust, SMD did pretty well during the daylight hours, as soon as it got dark it started triggering on every little bug that flew by the camera even 10-15 ft away.

I'll now turn off the smart motion detection, and use IVs intrusion zone see how that works.
I had the same thing happening, to stop the triggers I turned down the Sensitivity and turned up the the Threshold. Now I will see if I still get the human triggers.

1627710286488.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been playing with the new 2D NR slider and are finding if you turn it way down to 15 and then reduce the 3D NR to a point where you start to have noise this greatly reduces motion haze. Also I am finding if you turndown the sharpness to 25 it also reduces noise .

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the latest FW date? Can some post video of smart IR working properly?

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
will post on the forum soon, can contact me for the beta version.
Ok thx Andy. I just installed FW u recommended and smart ir doesnt work i have to set manually so it doesnt white out face up close. SMDZ human/ vehicle seems to be working as well as IVS. I will wait till wildcat does his tests!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ok thx Andy. I just installed FW u recommended and smart ir doesnt work i have to set manually so it doesnt white out face up close. SMDZ human/ vehicle seems to be working as well as IVS. I will wait till wildcat does his tests!
which version not work? The firmware on 1st page can work well. Most guys here use that one, the new one mainly for SMD 3.0 UPDATE.

gansle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2.820.150G001.0.R,2021-05-25
I updated two 3.6mm fixed and one vari.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All, I just completed my tests of the new 7/29 FW and can confirm this does NOT include the SmartIR fixes I provided and that I validated on the final 5/24 test FW and gave the thumbs up on. I’ve contacted Dahua and @EMPIRETECANDY to let them know this version did not include these and that the final SMD 3.0 FW needs to have those in as it fixed the large SmartIR issues I demonstrated before, were fixed and ready to incorporate into the final branch after the SMD algorithms were also corrected.

Therefore in summary, the SMD fixes I mentioned are now in place in this FW and pretty rock solid BUT SmartIR fixes still need to be incorporated. Will update you as soon as I see next test FW.

Thanks Andy for also helping drive my fixes into the final ASAP

Updated as I should have mentioned this in my initial post here. Specifically the SmartIR fixes should be implemented across all 5442's (turret, bullet cam etc) and across versions (v1 and v2) which the 05-24 addressed but this one is not. Therefore while you may see some improvements in SmartIR depending on model, my fixes were to address this for all and all versions. HTH clarify

Last edited: