IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
doing the upgrade now from 2021-05-27...

ok, that 'default' reset all my settings except the network. the zoom stayed the same, but I had to reset all my exposure settings.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Left Coast Geek

your settings will end up in motion blurr ....
maybe start your own thread ?? you can search for @wittaj statements how to set up your camera.
I thought I was starting my own thread.

and yeah, i would love to reduce motion blur. if you step through my vidoe its evindent and I know thats from the '3D NR', but without that the image is super noisy.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't take any more captures tonight because this fine mist has settled in tonight, and is obscuring all of my cameras.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
can you please stop posting here? i am not a moderator and you can do whatever you want, but i am watching this thread to be informed about the new firmware update and its a bit annoying when you spam this thread with your camera settings and i get a notification everytime :embarrassed:

you can start your own thread and ask for help ???

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
doing the upgrade now from 2021-05-25 .... sigh, I need to take notes when I tweak the camera settings, cuz if I reset it, I'm gonna need to do it all over again from scratch, and I always forget something.

hmmm, it seems to be working fine. maybe I'll hold off on that reset :p (I know, bad idea that will come back and bite me)
Screen shots of the config cures that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok, I'm still seeing something weird here. I'm using Firefox.latest on Win10.latest, 64 bit fast desktop, etc. On the Camera->Conditions tab, or any of the other tabs that show a thumbnain, every few seconds, that thumbnail blanks, a time spinner runs for a second or two, then the video comes back. 5 seconds later, does it agian, over and over.

now, I currently have the substreams disabled, and blueiris is running on a different dedicated NVR miniPC. on my large highres displays, the substreams are ugly even when they are smaller preview windows, and with 7 cameras, my core i7-6700 NVR seems to keep up just fine. I'm also not using any in-camera motion detection, because I have a motley fleet of 3 camera brands, 3 reolinks, 2 hikvision, and 2 different dahuas, an empire and a amcrest and getting all that sorted smells like work, and this is for fun at home.. If I had all Dahua 5442's, I'd probably be moving to camera detection, although the camera's webUI seems pretty convoluted.
Either don't use h265, or install the plugin the camera wants to download. That will stop.
IE is the best option if you don't want to have issues.
For me, I use chrome with the IE tab extension installed.

I thought I was starting my own thread.

and yeah, i would love to reduce motion blur. if you step through my vidoe its evindent and I know thats from the '3D NR', but without that the image is super noisy.
Nope, your highjacking the thread about the new firmware.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh, note, I am using WDR, about 50%

without that all those deep backgrounds are black.
WDR shouldn't be used at night, and definitely set to 50%, it will cause blur.
You don't have your other settings correct, or you wouldn't need WDR.
Use brightness and contrast to get where you need to be.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok, I'm still seeing something weird here. I'm using Firefox.latest on Win10.latest, 64 bit fast desktop, etc. On the Camera->Conditions tab, or any of the other tabs that show a thumbnain, every few seconds, that thumbnail blanks, a time spinner runs for a second or two, then the video comes back. 5 seconds later, does it agian, over and over.

now, I currently have the substreams disabled, and blueiris is running on a different dedicated NVR miniPC. on my large highres displays, the substreams are ugly even when they are smaller preview windows, and with 7 cameras, my core i7-6700 NVR seems to keep up just fine. I'm also not using any in-camera motion detection, because I have a motley fleet of 3 camera brands, 3 reolinks, 2 hikvision, and 2 different dahuas, an empire and a amcrest and getting all that sorted smells like work, and this is for fun at home.. If I had all Dahua 5442's, I'd probably be moving to camera detection, although the camera's webUI seems pretty convoluted.
Change the substream resolutions to suit.

You really like to complain, don't you. ;)

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Have someone already tested the firmware?

had some weird behaviour going on... only resetted to "default" not factory, like andy mention...

1) i dialed in settings for shutter etc... saved everything ... then i setup a IVS tripwire ... clicked on save... camera resetted to "shutter priority 0-40, exposure comp 50", but all other settings for NR , contrast etc. stayed ?? ..
2) looked live a few minutes ago... picture look lot darker than i dialed in... then i pushed camera to b/w mode (no save), after change back to color it was brighter (like i dialed it in)

hmm... i will look if this happens again

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) i dialed in settings for shutter etc... saved everything ... then i setup a IVS tripwire ... clicked on save... camera resetted to "shutter priority 0-40, exposure comp 50", but all other settings for NR , contrast etc. stayed ?? ..
I have seen this happen on previous firmware, when you add the fist IVS rule it adjusts the exposure settings. So what I normally do is add an IVS rule first before adjusts the exposure settings.