IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.15OG004.0.R.201203

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i downgraded from smd 3.0 to this firmware here again..

not sure if i asked this already...

is there any reason why smart plan IVS have influence on the image quality? by enabling it its a lot darker and more noise reduced, no matter if using h264 or h265

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i downgraded from smd 3.0 to this firmware here again..

not sure if i asked this already...

is there any reason why smart plan IVS have influence on the image quality? by enabling it its a lot darker and more noise reduced, no matter if using h264 or h265
I've not noticed that as an issue. I just tried here on two cams, and no changes occurred in video quality.
May want to set the cam back to factory defaults, and set it back up from scratch.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not noticed that as an issue. I just tried here on two cams, and no changes occurred in video quality.
May want to set the cam back to factory defaults, and set it back up from scratch.
Yep, restore it to factory tons of times, still the same issue on all cameras

Interesting... on ZE model it is getting darker, and on AS model it is exacly the other way around.. .it is getting brighter by turning on smartplan IVS...
also the change is only on IVS, face detection or heatmap no change.

settings1_smartplan_off.PNG

these are settings without smartplan which result in this picture:

smartplan_off.jpg

... i have to add more shuttertime to get nearly get the same result with smartplan ON

settings_smartplan_on.PNG

smartplan_on_moreshutter.jpg

here is a sample video when on turning smartplan on (shuttertime 13.33)

View attachment vid.mp4

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I seem to be having an issue where my zoom/focus settings aren't showing up in my camera nor is there a zoom/focus window (using Chrome). Firmware is V2.800.0000000.16.R, Build Date: 2020-05-29 .

1663620640325.png

Came across a thread from a user pointing to this firmware. Is this the latest one? Also, the download link no longer works...

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I connect to my Dahua cameras' web interfaces using Edge, the "zoom and focus" window is black. If I use the very old Internet Explorer, and allow the plugin to download, the window shows a live image. :)

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you can create problems with camera firmware updates. But I have multiple Dahua T5442T-ZE cameras, with different firmware. Some firmware have different settings than others. I'd like to update them all (or most) to a good firmware release. Is the posted firmware a good choice? My newest camera actually has a more recent firmware than what is posted.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Always best to get any firmware from the vendor you purchased the cam from.
And remember, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
I do agree with trying to keep the same version on all identical devices, to make device specific configuration management sane.

remsta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Always best to get any firmware from the vendor you purchased the cam from.
And remember, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
I have the OEM ones from EmpireCandy - I found another thread but I just saw the post date --- did I just downgrade all my cameras, from the System Version it doesn't seem so? :( to this one IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

So before this mess I had:
System VersionV2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03
WEB VersionV3.2.1.948164
ONVIF Version19.12(V2.7.0.907196)
S/N6L04351PAG139F2
Algorithm Version1.0.2
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

Now I have
Device TypeIPC-T5442T-ZE
System VersionV2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18
WEB VersionV3.2.1.1261216
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1235054)
S/N6L04351PAG8EFA1
Algorithm Version1.0.7
Security Baseline VersionV2.1

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do agree with trying to keep the same version on all identical devices, to make device specific configuration management sane.
I have several 5442 cams - all on different firmware. They all work just fine.

I was bored last week and even though I say don't fix what ain't broke often, I thought "hey let me update a perfectly working camera to add 2D and 3D noise reduction that one of my other 5442 cams has" and totally effed up the camera. Lost the ability to set FPS and encode and bitrate and couldn't factory reset from the GUI. Fortunately I was able to figure out the API to factory reset and had the previous firmware already (one of the reasons why I figured it was ok to try because I could revert back since I had the previous firmware), but it took awhile to get it back. But even now with a factory reset several times and going back firmware, the image is much darker than it was before for the same settings.

Plus I have seen two identical cameras set up side-by-side and dialing them in to looking at the same field of view resulted in different settings, so I don't necessarily buy into the idea that having all the same firmware will make device specific configuration management sane.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Focus and Zoom window actually working outside of Internet Explorer (which I don't even think is updated anymore)? Have tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge ... nada. Would be a lot easier to focus (my LPR!) if the screen you made adjustments in was the same one. I am doing it while looking at the image through BI which isn't idea.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Focus and Zoom window actually working outside of Internet Explorer (which I don't even think is updated anymore)? Have tried Firefox, Chrome, Edge ... nada. Would be a lot easier to focus (my LPR!) if the screen you made adjustments in was the same one. I am doing it while looking at the image through BI which isn't idea.
Don't use the Focus and Zoom window, but instead from the main viewing screen and at the bottom left are icons.

Select the one that says focus and zoom and the sliders open up on the right of the screen and then you can focus from a larger image.

You do not want to be doing LPR focus from within BI LOL. It will jump too many focus steps.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I think they're saying that they're just watching in BI while making the adjustments to the cam because the video doesn't display in the web interface other than with IE.