IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.15OG004.0.R.201203

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Figured it out: it was the clone camera, once I disabled it I started getting the ONVIF triggers. Then I followed wittaj idea and deleted and re-added the clone and all is well.

Thank you all for the help

Now to wait excitedly for the new firmware :)

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@thebaoster, I found that was happening on my HDW5442T-ZE when I had the December 3 firmware on it. It was working fine for some time and then the P2P enabled itself automatically. Cameras are blocked by my router - however, I noticed in my PiHole, a large number of blocked DNS attempts to dahua's site from that camera's IP address. I had previously placed about 13 Dahua sites related to their P2P into the blacklist. PiHole blocked all DNS attempts and the large number of blocked attempts drew my attention to the issue.

I noticed it re-enabled itself after I had performed a reboot a day earlier. So I disabled the P2P and some hours later, it re-enabled itself. I disabled it, then rebooted and saw that it reappeared after the reboot. So I factory reset it. I then tested it by having it do an auto reboot at a particular time and the P2P Access Platform was re-enabled after the boot. Factory reset it a couple of times and tried the auto reboot and the same thing occurred - P2P re-enabled itself.

Just a few days ago I downloaded the firmware from this site, installed it and the problem seems to have been solved: IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

I am still testing out the camera with this firmware dated April 2021, I believe it lacks the SmartIR option that existed in the Exposure tab of the December 2020 firmware.

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@thebaoster, I found that was happening on my HDW5442T-ZE when I had the December 3 firmware on it. It was working fine for some time and then the P2P enabled itself automatically. Cameras are blocked by my router - however, I noticed in my PiHole, a large number of blocked DNS attempts to dahua's site from that camera's IP address. I had previously placed about 13 Dahua sites related to their P2P into the blacklist. PiHole blocked all DNS attempts and the large number of blocked attempts drew my attention to the issue.

I noticed it re-enabled itself after I had performed a reboot a day earlier. So I disabled the P2P and some hours later, it re-enabled itself. I disabled it, then rebooted and saw that it reappeared after the reboot. So I factory reset it. I then tested it by having it do an auto reboot at a particular time and the P2P Access Platform was re-enabled after the boot. Factory reset it a couple of times and tried the auto reboot and the same thing occurred - P2P re-enabled itself.

Just a few days ago I downloaded the firmware from this site, installed it and the problem seems to have been solved: IPC-HDW5442T-ZE

I am still testing out the camera with this firmware dated April 2021, I believe it lacks the SmartIR option that existed in the Exposure tab of the December 2020 firmware.
I seem to have the same problem with my IPC-T5442TM-AS @ V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I only buy from Andy - guy is like gold to me. I totally missed that info thank you.
Yep - Andy is great! Just wanted to make sure you didn't have one of the chinese-hacked cams that would brick when updated!

It is easy to miss the link because it has to go in a Word doc because there are certain file types that can't be posted. So you either post it with a different extension that the user has to change (and we know how that will go LOL), or provide a link.

Reaction score
I have 2 new IPC-T5442T-ZE, both from Andy, and both shipped with and running this 20201203 build of the firmware. On one of these cameras the Log File seems to work just fine, i.e. default internal log file, so micro-sd card. And Search of Type =All yields similar results to my other 7 Dahua cameras. But my other IPC-T5442T-ZE never shows anything in the Log file. Search of any range just returns: "No relevant Log". Anyone else seeing this, or an idea of some setting I've screwed up? And just FYI: I'm also seeing the "P2P automatically re-enable itself issue" on both of these cameras.

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@sdwatachcam , I noticed the log file not being populated on my HDW544T-ZE, but after a second factory reset, it seemed to work. I am now running the April 2021 firmware on it and the log is being populated. I have no SD Card.

I also have all my cameras along with my Unifi WAPs and USG-4Pro Router and a NAS all reporting to a syslog server running on an i7 Intel NUC. So I see all my logs in a central location.

HDW5442T-ZE.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The 20210403 firmware right now dahua North American Team still not agree to release this fw because of the wrong alarm still need to do some updating, so we don't recommend to make any updating till we have the good working version.
New firmware also not support smart IR. I will get a beta version with smart IR at early May.

simby

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 new IPC-T5442T-ZE, both from Andy, and both shipped with and running this 20201203 build of the firmware. On one of these cameras the Log File seems to work just fine, i.e. default internal log file, so micro-sd card. And Search of Type =All yields similar results to my other 7 Dahua cameras. But my other IPC-T5442T-ZE never shows anything in the Log file. Search of any range just returns: "No relevant Log". Anyone else seeing this, or an idea of some setting I've screwed up? And just FYI: I'm also seeing the "P2P automatically re-enable itself issue" on both of these cameras.
Same FW here and no log issues. Factory reset and maybe switch with another microSD card? As for P2P reenabling itself... for me it only happens after a reboot but not on every reboot. It was happening on previous FW too.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've never done a firmware upgrade on my Dahua before. I was wondering if you have the IP set to DHCP, after firmware upgrade, does it stay DHCP? Or does it use some weird static IP address?

When I first got the camera, the factory default was a static IP address. I thought that made it harder to use.

simby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've never done a firmware upgrade on my Dahua before. I was wondering if you have the IP set to DHCP, after firmware upgrade, does it stay DHCP? Or does it use some weird static IP address?

When I first got the camera, the factory default was a static IP address. I thought that made it harder to use.
Settings remain intact. That includes IP.