IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

This firmware has been released , there has 2 new fw, after flash, make a default(Not Factory default)
1. New baseline with latest new FW. Still under testing Beta version.

Feature​
Description​
1Updated the version of onvif to V19.12
2H.256 codec is enabled for main stream and sub stream.
3Added custom size function for Face Cutout.
4Optimized IVS detection effect and reduced the false detection rate of animals.
5The AI functions of IVS are enabled by default.
6The domain can be updated on cloud, and the root certificate can be switched on cloud.
7Supported integrity verification for the software package packed by the third party.
8Added open source software notice.
9Added -Empiretech Andy software package.

2. A special firmware for the smart IR issue for IPC-T5442T-ZE, Also support all list below. This special fw is working by us with dahua team. Will install this firmware on the latest new stocks.

3. I post a easy guide to fix up the high exposure, just several steps, see attached files.

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS, new stocks will support ePOE.
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-HDW5541TM-ASE
IPC-B5442T-ASE

IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-T5442T-ZE Latest new model
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Motion Detection and IVS is a mess with this model for some reason. I've noticed that when when using motion detection and having it take snapshots after motion occurs, the camera will sometimes not overlay the time stamp on the .jpg snapshots. It also does not enforce it's "Anti-Dither" rule. These pretty much make motion detection critically flawed for me to use it. Look at these below snapshots.

04[M][0@0][0].jpg 06[M][0@0][0].jpg 07[M][0@0][0].jpg 08[M][0@0][0].jpg

Notice how the first snapshot is totally missing the date/timestamp and title overlay. The second snapshot has the date/timestamp but is missing the bottom left channel title overlay. The 3rd snapshot finally has both camera title overlay and the date/timestamp, but then the 4th camera is missing the camera overlay again. Then I have "Anti-Dither" set to 5s which, as i understand, prevents it from re triggering for 5s after the initial trigger. Yet, as you can see, the camera happily keeps taking snapshots of the same vehicle all within about 3 seconds. I didn't even include the other two snapshots it took of that same "scene" since the car had already gone out of the FOV but it kept taking snapshots anyway.

What is going on with Dahua's quality control department with MD and IVS??

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Motion Detection and IVS is a mess with this model for some reason. I've noticed that when when using motion detection and having it take snapshots after motion occurs, the camera will sometimes not overlay the time stamp on the .jpg snapshots. It also does not enforce it's "Anti-Dither" rule. These pretty much make motion detection critically flawed for me to use it. Look at these below snapshots.

View attachment 69404 View attachment 69403 View attachment 69402 View attachment 69401

Notice how the first snapshot is totally missing the date/timestamp and title overlay. The second snapshot has the date/timestamp but is missing the bottom left channel title overlay. The 3rd snapshot finally has both camera title overlay and the date/timestamp, but then the 4th camera is missing the camera overlay again. Then I have "Anti-Dither" set to 5s which, as i understand, prevents it from re triggering for 5s after the initial trigger. Yet, as you can see, the camera happily keeps taking snapshots of the same vehicle all within about 3 seconds. I didn't even include the other two snapshots it took of that same "scene" since the car had already gone out of the FOV but it kept taking snapshots anyway.

What is going on with Dahua's quality control department with MD and IVS??
Noted, i will report this to dahua. This firmware mainly for smart IR. And the baseline is 20200529, when i get the new baseline firmware in Sep i will post here. Dahua engineer told me can be released next week.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, can work.
I was trying it for all 5442T0ZE AND 5442E-ZE
For some reason, I cannot find smart IR showing for my bullets [5442E-Ze]. Same FW but the feature appears only for the T-ZE's
Not sure if I did something different in the settings nor if it showed before the upgrade.
According to the official specs, both cams had to support smart IR.

@random101 : do you have smart IR for the E-ZE?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you redfive,
But I didn't mean Smart MD. I was looking for smart IR.
Had to be at camera>conditions>exposure

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was trying it for all 5442T0ZE AND 5442E-ZE
For some reason, I cannot find smart IR showing for my bullets [5442E-Ze]. Same FW but the feature appears only for the T-ZE's
Not sure if I did something different in the settings nor if it showed before the upgrade.
According to the official specs, both cams had to support smart IR.

@random101 : do you have smart IR for the E-ZE?
Be sure to reset the camera back to factory defaults after updating firmware.

Should be here:
1598897649770.png
And here:
1598897694541.png

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you @looney2ns
Guess it's the E-ZE
I'll try that. Didn't even think about it cause I've got 4 of those cams and all were acting the same.
The 4 cams T-ZE all showed the smart IR so I didn't suspect it needs reset.

ReXT

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I didn't think it was worth starting a new one for just one question. Does anyone know if the Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE firmware from the Dahua web site can be used on the IPC-T5442T-ZE? I prefer firmware with the Dahua logo to be consistent with my other cameras... Thanks!

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks again looney2ns
Are you SURE you are talking about the bullet cam B5442E-ZE???
That thread belongs to the 5442T-ZE and since Andy confirmed that the FW matches both, I was mentioning that I can't get the smart IR function showing for the E-ZE.
I do see it in all of my 4 T-ZE's but in none of my E-ZE.
Anyway, I was doing the factory reset X3 times and it's the same.

@ReXT I believe it should work the other way around as well but I don't want to miss lead you. Only @EMPIRETECANDY can answer that.

@looney2ns I must add here that the SMD works really poor with both models on 20200825
Prior to upgrade, I used to get some alerts from my dog and cat. Now it won't miss them, it it set for human of course but it picks trees and birds and actually most of my SMD are coming from moving trees.
At least I'm using now IE and I can get the green square showing me the false positives but since I cannot see the preview picture on my NVR (even with IE, it would not load the image). it's really annoying

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks again looney2ns
Are you SURE you are talking about the bullet cam B5442E-ZE???
That thread belongs to the 5442T-ZE and since Andy confirmed that the FW matches both, I was mentioning that I can't get the smart IR function showing for the E-ZE.
I do see it in all of my 4 T-ZE's but in none of my E-ZE.
Anyway, I was doing the factory reset X3 times and it's the same.

@ReXT I believe it should work the other way around as well but I don't want to miss lead you. Only @EMPIRETECANDY can answer that.

@looney2ns I must add here that the SMD works really poor with both models on 20200825
Prior to upgrade, I used to get some alerts from my dog and cat. Now it won't miss them, it it set for human of course but it picks trees and birds and actually most of my SMD are coming from moving trees.
At least I'm using now IE and I can get the green square showing me the false positives but since I cannot see the preview picture on my NVR (even with IE, it would not load the image). it's really annoying
This firmware is a special firmware based on the IPC-T5442T-ZE, esp the IR adjustment. But it can work with all currently Wizemind 5 series cameras.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
keep in mind that
1. there were few cases where factory defaults few times made the change so if you need to re do the settings, do the factory defaults X3 times one after the other.
2. when you do it with the GUI, do not leave the page. wait till the camera fully restarts.
3. if you're using the latest version on B5442E-ZE, the factory defaults would not help getting the smart IR.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Noted, i will report this to dahua. This firmware mainly for smart IR. And the baseline is 20200529, when i get the new baseline firmware in Sep i will post here. Dahua engineer told me can be released next week.
Any word on the new baseline?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score