IPC-T5442T-ZE PoE Pinout Tip - For Broken Connector RJ45

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to make a post to help others in the future.

Recently I damaged the end of my connector on IPC-T5442T-ZE Black Camera.

Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE uses the T568A pin out. Not the B more prevalent method here is US. Originally I had it wired like image IMG_9537.jpg (B). However camera did not turn on. So I made a new end connector for the T568A standard and the camera works!

*The individual cables are much more thin than any CAT4/5/6 I have ever used. Royal pain to get these to slide in correct slots.

Attachments

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please clarify:

The beige colored camera pigtail shown in the 3rd image has 6 wires, 2 of which are yellow and grey and neither of those 2 colors are shown in any crimped RJ-45. Also the two RJ-45's shown have a black-jacketed cable....are they spliced somewhere?
Sorry for confusion. Image KX3896JO8T is a stock image I found on the internet. Other Dahua cameras use this. Mine does not. Disregard this image.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for confusion.
Sorry to be such a stickler, but perhaps there's still some confusion: You stated in your first post "....Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE uses the T568A pin out. Not the B more prevalent method here is US. Originally I had it wired like image IMG_9537.jpg (B). However camera did not turn on. So I made a new end connector for the T568A standard and the camera works! "

Both images you posted are wired to the T-568B standard, not A. I flipped your images so they are more easily compared to your first image which depicts both standards side by side.

dahua3.jpg dahua1.jpg dahua2.jpg

So how did you wire the connector that made your camera work? :idk:

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
T-568A is correct. The two pictures showing the B configuration did not work.

Final pintout looked like this.

T-568A

Green whiteGreenOrange whiteBlueBlue White MISSINGOrangeBrown white MISSINGBrown

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK...so you "..... just wanted to make a post to help others in the future. "
I think that's great!
But do you still think it helpful to post only the images of the wiring that did NOT work?

Just think about it for a second or two. FWIW, I've gone back to correct or clarify my posts before....many if not most of us have. :cool:

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Final pintout looked like this.

T-568A

Green whiteGreenOrange whiteBlueBlue White MISSINGOrangeBrown white MISSINGBrown
Thank you very much for posting this. This pinout worked for me and I'm now back in business!

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good info. "Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE uses the T568A pin out. Not the B more prevalent method here is US. "

Cameras usually get replaced when the connector is ruined. How did you differentiate between blue1 and blue2?

Or am I mistaken in the colors from the camera?

---------------------------------------
Not to be confused with t568A and T568B - below is a question about POE power mode A and Mode B

And does the camera work in mode A and mode B poe power, or just mode_A ? - (power on tx and RX = Mode_A / Power on 45/78 = mode_B)

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good info. "Dahua IPC-T5442T-ZE uses the T568A pin out. Not the B more prevalent method here is US. "

Cameras usually get replaced when the connector is ruined. How did you differentiate between blue1 and blue2?

Or am I mistaken in the colors from the camera?

---------------------------------------
Not to be confused with t568A and T568B - below is a question about POE power mode A and Mode B

And does the camera work in mode A and mode B poe power, or just mode_A ? - (power on tx and RX = Mode_A / Power on 45/78 = mode_B)
The colors of the wires inside the cable of the 5442 are below... There is only one blue wire. The ones that say missing are not present.

In regards to PoE A vs Poe B

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The colors of the wires inside the cable of the 5442 are below... There is only one blue wire. The ones that say missing are not present.

Green whiteGreenOrange whiteBlueBlue White MISSINGOrangeBrown white MISSING
The above table shows 5 wires.....so your cam has no "Brown" wire like the OP's?
If not, then your cam's POE must be Mode A.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

In regards to PoE A vs Poe B

Sorry for late reply, got busy, just now seeing this. So I see you did not have to use your Red and Black. I guess these replace the Missing White Blue and White Brown. So Dahua is pushing Power through Blue/Brown, pins 4 & 8

Just an FYI, in wiring it is referred to as White/Green and White/Orange, not sure why, probably due to the pinouts wire White first.

Also FYI, Type B (T568) is mainly used today because it matches the old AT&T (258A) standard, it has nothing to do with a US standard, actually Fed contracts do use Type A, not sure if that still holds true though. We even use to refer to it in the field as AT&T termination.
In my decades of Cabling/Wiring Type B was mainly used though we have used A when instructed, and if my Memory serves me right they were Federal contract jobs we did.

So best way to remember, first pair is Transmit (pins 1 & 2), second pair is Receive (pins 3 and 6)

1662294810633.png

When POE came out it threw a curve for those who did not wire all pinouts, just 1,2,3,6. Funny but they were made to go back and re-terminate. So I learned something, in my chart search to post, if you terminate Type A, pins 1,2 and 3,6 pass the power, interesting. With Type B termination you need a third pair.

1662295951388.png

I'm so old I remember Tip and Ring termination :)

HTH

Last edited: