IPC-T5442TM-AS Auto IR bug fixed firmware 20190930

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the latest new firmware for the new 4.0 models(some fixed lens only).

Attention, this firmware with dahua logo is Temper one for urgent fixing, please double check before you make the update and make sure you are use the right firmware for right models which i list below ONLY.
Download Link

TEMP_DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.T.190930.bin

Bug fixed:

This firmware mainly fixed up the Auto IR issue, and some IVS setting issue, it has been fully tested by looney, it has some good results, we are still working on a better firmware, when we get it, will release here soon.

Appreciated to @looney2ns testing. Here is the results from his testing.

1.The AI Human and Automobile filtering now works in IVS.
2.Face detect now works.
3.Abandoned object now works.
4.Motion detection no longer gets turned on when doing setup or changes in IVS as it should.
5.IR is fixed on the T5442TM-AS. I can visibly see the IR leds dim as I moved towards the camera.

Firmwae for these Models

IPC-T5442TM-AS,
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-T5541TM-AS
IPC-B5442T-ASE

After update will have this mention,1. "Algorithm authorization expired, please update license", it will not effects the using.

Welcome to discuss here for anything.

Andy

Last edited:

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great to hear! Any word on if the LED version will have the option to turn on the LED when motion is detected and leave the LED off when it's idle? From the review I saw it's either always on or always off only.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Great to hear! Any word on if the LED version will have the option to turn on the LED when motion is detected and leave the LED off when it's idle? From the review I saw it's either always on or always off only.
You can try this firmware, i need more details for the bug you described, can send me a PM. Will send to dahua for a checking.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try this firmware, i need more details for the bug you described, can send me a PM. Will send to dahua for a checking.
Thanks. I was just curious. I don't have one yet, but considering one. Hoping someone else who has one tries it out and reports back.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any word on if the LED version will have the option to turn on the LED when motion is detected and leave the LED off when it's idle? From the review I saw it's either always on or always off only.
I think @immageek is wanting a 4MP Starlight+ model that acts like one of the Active Deterrence models (which are 2MP or 5MP Starlight, not Starlight+)

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think @immageek is wanting a 4MP Starlight+ model that acts like one of the Active Deterrence models (which are 2MP or 5MP Starlight, not Starlight+)
In a nutshell, yes. I like the idea of the 2MP AD one that looney reviewed with the speaker and LED, but it has the Auto IR issue. I'm just a newbie seeing all sorts of interesting cameras and trying to decide what would I would like. But in the end, I'd like it to have functioning Auto IR so that faces don't get washed out. But I do like the idea of the LED version but would rather have it turn on when motion is detected rather than all on or all off from what the review I saw said. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but who knows. There's just so many interesting products out there!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are the latest new firmware for the new 4.0 models(some fixed lens only).

Attention, this firmware with dahua logo is Temper one for urgent fixing, please double check before you make the update and make sure you are use the right firmware for right models which i list below ONLY.
Download Link

TEMP_DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.5.T.190930.bin

Bug fixed:

This firmware mainly fixed up the Auto IR issue, and some IVS setting issue, it has been fully tested by looney, it has some good results, we are still working on a better firmware, when we get it, will release here soon.

Appreciated to @looney2ns testing. Here is the results from his testing.

1.The AI Human and Automobile filtering now works in IVS.
2.Face detect now works.
3.Abandoned object now works.
4.Motion detection no longer gets turned on when doing setup or changes in IVS as it should.
5.IR is fixed on the T5442TM-AS. I can visibly see the IR leds dim as I moved towards the camera.

Firmwae for these Models

IPC-T5442TM-AS,
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-T5541TM-AS
IPC-B5442T-ASE

After update will have this mention,1. "Algorithm authorization expired, please update license", it will not effects the using.

Welcome to discuss here for anything.

Andy
Interesting, I didn't see the message "Algorithm authorization expired, please update license"

Reaction score
As @looney2ns stated, I also did not see the "Algorithm authorization expired, please update license" message. I did set my camera back to defaults after the upgrade. All settings re-applied, and no problems so far. I did notice under IR Settings, no option for SmartIR. It would have been nice to see that.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As @looney2ns stated, I also did not see the "Algorithm authorization expired, please update license" message. I did set my camera back to defaults after the upgrade. All settings re-applied, and no problems so far. I did notice under IR Settings, no option for SmartIR. It would have been nice to see that.
Andy has stated that "auto" is the replacement for SmartIR.

betogar

n3wb
Reaction score
update and now IVS doesn't work anymore

you can draw IVS but don't trigger anything
124.png

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too didnt see the 'Algorithm authorization expired, please update license' message, moreover, the 'IVS as well as the 'Face detection', seem working fine (to be honest, these features were working even with the pre-loaded firmware).
@betogar Did you try a factory-reset ?

betogar

n3wb
Reaction score
I too didnt see the 'Algorithm authorization expired, please update license' message, moreover, the 'IVS as well as the 'Face detection', seem working fine (to be honest, these features were working even with the pre-loaded firmware).
@betogar Did you try a factory-reset ?

yes, factory reset a couple of times,
for my 190930, 190706 IVS does not work
I keep 190521 which is the one that came with the camera and works correctly

jmwang

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, factory reset a couple of times,
for my 190930, 190706 IVS does not work
I keep 190521 which is the one that came with the camera and works correctly
Interestingly the 0930 worked well for me on this camera. I didn't even factory reset and it worked great.
I had the same problem on my 5241-AS-PV with the 0706 however, and am having to use the old firmware. (all FW appropriate for that camera)
If betogar or I are making some configuration mistake I would love to know about it. For now, same solution (use old firmware) is solving the same problem (IVS not working) on different cameras...

I sure hope this camera keeps working for me since I have 5 of them sitting in boxes that I am getting ready to deploy.