IPC-T5442TM-AS Auto IR bug fixed firmware 20190930

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed 2 brand new 5442T-ASE fixed bullets this morning and updated to the 190930 firmware.

One camera works fine, IVS quit working on the other one...

I also get this message on the bad one

Attachments

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So glad I wasn't the only one that got frustrated by this, LOL :facepalm::lol:

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried most of yesterday to get the IVS tripwire and intrusion working. No luck at all. I have one camera running the July firmware and another running he Sept 30 firmware.
I have the smart plan set to IVS, simple intrusion and trip wires set for both and neither work.
My NVR5208-8P-4KS2E shipped from Andy with the 4.0.1 firmware. Wondering if that's the issue?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Let me just that I don't believe any fix until I personally see it working ;) I'm glad that the temporary firmware was quickly removed. Looking forward to the official version soon. @EMPIRETECANDY

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let me just that I don't believe any fix until I personally see it working ;) I'm glad that the temporary firmware was quickly removed. Looking forward to the official version soon. @EMPIRETECANDY
The way it was shared, it is automatically deleted by the web share site after 7 days.
Other members are reporting IVS not working on other new cams as well....so be patient until Dahua gets their act together.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This firmware will have an official released version soon. They are testing on it, we will post here when we get it.
@wopi82 shared us some thinking about the Auto IR compare to the smart IR, welcome guys to discuss!

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There is no Smart IR selection on the new series camera, the 3 versions you have are the correct 3 modes.
I'm sorry Andy, but as you know i'm new about this brand :) However, in the manual DH-IPC-HFW5442T-ASE_Operation_Manual_20190409.pdf (also the one you linked me before) write about Smart IR :)

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry Andy, but as you know i'm new about this brand :) However, in the manual DH-IPC-HFW5442T-ASE_Operation_Manual_20190409.pdf (also the one you linked me before) write about Smart IR :)
One thing to know about Dahua and Hikvision is that documentation is rarely model-specific. The Operations Manual usually covers all features in "Dahua Network Camera Web 3.0" even if a specific camera model doesn't support some of the features. Remember that neither of those companies markets or sells directly to consumers -- they expect that a consumer will pay a trained professional to buy and install their equipment, and that professional will fill in the blanks left by their documentation. Fun, huh? Thankfully this forum exists for us! :)

Last edited:

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One thing to know about Dahua and Hikvision is that documentation is rarely model-specific. The Operations Manual usually covers all features in "Dahua Network Camera Web 3.0" even if a specific camera model doesn't support all some of the features. Remember that neither of those companies markets or sells directly to consumers -- they expect that a consumer will pay a trained professional to buy and install their equipment, and that professional will fill in the blanks left by their documentation. Fun, huh? Thankfully this forum exists for us! :)
Yeah very fun eheh, in fact i love this forum :p anyway also Face Detection is available on dahua's homepage but in the camera settings there isn't nothing about it :p but maybe Face Detection is different from Face Recognition :rolleyes:

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
eah very fun eheh, in fact i love this forum :p anyway also Face Detection is available on dahua's homepage but in the camera settings there isn't nothing about it :p but maybe Face Detection is different from Face Recognition :rolleyes:
If it helps, I put in many days of research trying to figure out why none of the AI or IVS features work on my new cameras. At this point I have given up and will try the new firmware once released. In my case, the features look as if they are implemented but neither Smart Plan creates an alert or detection. The Auto IR firmware upgrade did work for the IR exposure but did not fix the IVS or AI features. Fingers crossed that the new firmware will work. If not, I have some really expensive paper weights.
On Edit - Forgot to add that quite a few amazing folks have helped me get started and troubleshoot. Could not have gotten this far without the forum!

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it helps, I put in many days of research trying to figure out why none of the AI or IVS features work on my new cameras. At this point I have given up and will try the new firmware once released. In my case, the features look as if they are implemented but neither Smart Plan creates an alert or detection. The Auto IR firmware upgrade did work for the IR exposure but did not fix the IVS or AI features. Fingers crossed that the new firmware will work. If not, I have some really expensive paper weights.
On Edit - Forgot to add that quite a few amazing folks have helped me get started and troubleshoot. Could not have gotten this far without the forum!
I just have a try with my Dahua NVR and IVS feature... I draw the lines through the NVR and the Tripwire works fine, maybe the problem is only on the camera, because configuring it with NVR works well :) If you use BI, i think you must configure it through the camera?!

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
I just have a try with my Dahua NVR and IVS feature... I draw the lines through the NVR and the Tripwire works fine, maybe the problem is only on the camera, because configuring it with NVR works well :) If you use BI, i think you must configure it through the camera?!
I have tried defaulting the camera and setting parameters there as well as on the NVR and combinations of both. The lines are there on the screen and everything is active, recording is on etc but there is no response to intrusion or tripwire as you walk through.
Could be a combo of the NVR firmware and the camera firmware. I have one camera running the July firmware and the other is running the September release and neither work. Going to wait for the next release and see how many users on the forum running the 4.0 firmware on their NVR and the new firmware on their camera have success.