IPC-T54IR-AS Audio?

occam49

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got an IPC-T54IR-AS-S3 from Amazon. I'm playing with the built-in Web App and it works great but I can't figure out how to get audio working.
I have no audio. Do I need a driver

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No, You have to go into the camera web GUI and enable Audio first.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
For both Main and substream? Phone will typically use substream..

How are you testing, Live via NVR, recorded via NVR?....

occam49

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the encoding to AAC and now I can hear sound from the camera mic but can't figure out how to send it.

NO NVR , just the built-in web app. I'm testing using a headset. The camera mic is very sensitive

I'm playing around with the camera while waiting for the mini-pc that I'll run Frigate on
I'll be integrating Frigate with Home Assistant. I'm aware of the steep learning curve

I fried up a demo of Blue Iris. Same thing, I can hear the camera mic, but can't get sound output to the camera

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I changed the encoding to AAC and now I can hear sound from the camera mic but can't figure out how to send it.

NO NVR , just the built-in web app. I'm testing using a headset. The camera mic is very sensitive

I'm playing around with the camera while waiting for the mini-pc that I'll run Frigate on
I'll be integrating Frigate with Home Assistant. I'm aware of the steep learning curve

I fried up a demo of Blue Iris. Same thing, I can hear the camera mic, but can't get sound output to the camera
What do you mean sound output to camera? This camera does not have a speaker if that is what you mean. You would need to an external speaker and power to the speaker to get sound output.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can record a video clip and save it or export it as shown in the video, the sound is married to the video. Dont think they are separate files

occam49

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean sound output to camera? This camera does not have a speaker if that is what you mean. You would need to an external speaker and power to the speaker to get sound output.
You're right ... Because it had a mic, I wrongly thought it had a speaker. Even my Ring cams that I'm replacing have speakers Why no speakers?
..... SorryImABoneheadGIF.gif

Last edited: