IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 FPS issue in Blue iris

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received two new cameras last week and after setting them up I notices the FPS in the BI status window are different than whats set in the camera web page.
This is both running with the same settings.
BI4.png

This is what BI shows.
BI 2.png
BI1.png
I have power cycled the camera in question and BI. Any ideas would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above - use H264 and no smart codec.

Also in the camera GUI under image, uise customized scene and not self-adaptive

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok that didnt change anything for that camera. Is there a way to very those FPS numbers outside of using BI? I'm also wondering if deleting the cam from BI and adding it again will matter?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI has nothing to do with the FPS - it simply accepts what the camera feeds it.

But sometimes a camera gets wonky and deleting it in BI and re-adding can fix it.

If you are not using self-adaptive settings or smart codec in the camera GUI and the deleting/readding in BI doesn't fix it, then it is time to look at the power source as I have seen BI show lower FPS when a power supply is failing.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not using adaptive or smart codec. When I get a chance I’ll try deleting it from Bi.
Also viewing from the web the camera doesn’t have a slow or choppy view. Motion seems normal.

Last edited:

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK eventually I found out its my network switch. Could it be the switch or the power supply to the switch? I have this GS116LP | PoE+ Supported Unmanaged Switches | NETGEAR but with a 90w power supply. I only have three cameras which this set up should be able to manage. I moved my access points to their supplied power injectors hoping that would fix this, but the camera is still getting low FPS after moving the access points out.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK eventually I found out its my network switch. Could it be the switch or the power supply to the switch? I have this GS116LP | PoE+ Supported Unmanaged Switches | NETGEAR but with a 90w power supply. I only have three cameras which this set up should be able to manage. I moved my access points to their supplied power injectors hoping that would fix this, but the camera is still getting low FPS after moving the access points out.
So how did you determine that it is definitely caused by the existing Netgear switch? You have no more issues when the cameras are powered from an alternative switch or POE injectors?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So how did you determine that it is definitely caused by the existing Netgear switch? You have no more issues when the cameras are powered from an alternative switch or POE injectors?
I unplugged everything that is POE in my switch but the one camera giving me issues yesterday. I let it run for 15 minutes and solid FPS (15). I started adding other cameras and then one of the cameras thats plugged in later gets the 4 FPS. So basically all of a sudden I cant run my three cameras at once. All ports were tried and no change.

I don't have any other POE switches or injector. The POE injectors with my AP's are passive and wont power any of my cameras.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK I'm back with the same issue. I have replaced my Netgear POE switch with a TP-link POE switch and I'm getting the same issue. I'm going to disconnect one of these new cameras and test at the switch with a patch cable but I'm a bit confused. Last night the one thats always given me issue didn't change with the new switch. The other new one last night was fine but I woke up to it down to 4FPS.

I've been running POE access points and three POE cameras for three years off all this gear and the cables. Now I'm having these issues.